Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase denial

So I applied for the amazon chase card. Instant denial. I received the letter. It states the reason as my past relationship with their bank. Score is 798 EX. Any recourse? My mean it’s been over 7 years and there’s nothing on my reports negative.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase denial

i wasnt aware chase had  blacklist

Message 2 of 12
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

i wasnt aware chase had  blacklist

Oh their blacklist is very real and alive and well.  I should know I have been on it since 2005Smiley Embarassed

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, as mentioned above by @Jnbmom, regardless whether the tradeline is no longer on your CRs, Chase has internal records that include any predecessor banks it acquired. If you still owe Chase some $$$, it's not not going to yield a favorable outcome.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

They gave a bank account which required a credit check. They will make money off your money but not let you “borrow” any I guess.
Message 5 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

A credit card is an unsecured loan on plastic. Deposits are cash assets which are weighed differently.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
... Any recourse? 

Do your time. 

Message 7 of 12
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Or you could call Chase and ask what the outstanding balance you owe is, and if paying it off would make a difference. That’s what some do who wants to get back in with AmX.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 8 of 12
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

If you still owe Chase some money, pay them now.  Expecting them to grant you credit while you still owe them money is a bit unreasonable.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can call to have them reconsider, Chase or any other lender for that matter, often times, just needs to understand how the debt got unmanaged and what you did to turn your finances around, give them a call and talk to them about it, and if all else fails, then there are plenty of other lenders out there who would want your business. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.