Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase success after burning?

tag
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Chase success after burning?

I burned Chase for about $1,000 on a basic credit card back in 2016.

How long am I black-listed? Forever?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase success after burning?

They have a pretty good memory, especially if the "burn" was recent.  Sometime they can forgive but often times not.  Was it ever paid?

Message 2 of 23
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Never paid, Chapter 7 BK, discharged December 2016

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

At a minimum, you’re not getting back in until your BK ages off. 

Message 4 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Yup, don't waste an inquiry OP.  The application will be auto-declined for the presence of BK.  2026 would be the soonest you can entertain any Chase apps unless their [UW] BK policy changes in the next several years.

Message 5 of 23
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:

Yup, don't waste an inquiry OP.  The application will be auto-declined for the presence of BK.  2026 would be the soonest you can entertain any Chase apps unless their [UW] BK policy changes in the next several years.

It's 10 years for a bankruptcy blacklist, 1 year before you can apply for auto.

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase does have a very long memory. No Bankruptcy, I had a CO from a Chase predecessor from  the 1990's. Three years ago when I thought my credit was fixed I tried for a Chase CC. I was turned down. I called CS and was told I had a CO. I asked to be sent the info and I would pay it. I never received anything from Chase. Fast forward two years later and I tried and I was in!

Message 7 of 23
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Bank One before they were Chase....?

Message 8 of 23
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Wow very tight-lipped credit card lending company I guess.

They do have some very rewarding cards, so I would like to get in with them someday. I guess in 7+ years.

Better off not paying them off and just waiting though, right?

Message 9 of 23
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Wow very tight-lipped credit card lending company I guess.

They do have some very rewarding cards, so I would like to get in with them someday. I guess in 7+ years.

Better off not paying them off and just waiting though, right?

It's always best to pay banks like Chase and Amex off regardless. Even if you get in later, they will always hold that charge off over your head. Any time you want to recon or request a CLI, it'll get brought up, even 20 years later. Not kidding, it's been posted here.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.