Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase verification - and wait?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase verification - and wait?

I applied for a Chase Freedom on 02/19 and got the 30 day email. I called the number every day to check the status and always got the 30 day message until today when it went to 7-10. I asked to speak with an operator who put me through to verification and they verified me after asking some questions, but then told me they’d mail their decision to me.

Do they normally approve you on the spot after verification? Did I mess something up? Or do I need to be patient?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
CramEiko
Established Contributor

Re: Chase verification - and wait?

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for a Chase Freedom on 02/19 and got the 30 day email. I called the number every day to check the status and always got the 30 day message until today when it went to 7-10. I asked to speak with an operator who put me through to verification and they verified me after asking some questions, but then told me they’d mail their decision to me.

Do they normally approve you on the spot after verification? Did I mess something up? Or do I need to be patient?

YEMV.... Maybe they need to see more depth? The letter should at least state their decision since you had already spoken to someone.

Good Luck!

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 2 of 11
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

I'm not sure anyone really knows anymore, so many different posts about 7-10 approvals and denials.
Good luck though, I hope it works out for you.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 3 of 11
Stribe
Contributor

From my experience, verification opens the door to approval or denial on the spot. If they didn’t end the process with a congratulations than it most likely is a no go. Wait for the letter and see if it’s worth recon.
5/25/2022

Amex BCE $17,4k | Apple Card $7k | Chase Amazon $11k | Chase Ink Cash Business $30,4k | Citi AAdvantage $7,5k | Citi Costco Business $15k | Discover It $15,4k | PayPal $15k | Synch Amazon $10k | Target RC MC $9k | US Bank Cash+ $3k
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I figured if they were going to approve me they’d have done it after verification, I just wonder why they’d bother with verification if they weren’t going to approve me. The person on the phone at verification was asking me questions about things off my credit report and maybe I got something wrong. She asked me about any other email addresses I’ve used, and I’ve had the same email address for 20 years and told her that and it seemed like she was waiting for a different answer? Who knows. It would suck to waste a HP because they couldn’t verify me.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used an entirely different address on my app than what was on my credit report when I applied for the Freedom. Called them after 2 week message and they sent me a text with a code and asked me some verification questions. After I answered them they approved me right then, however maybe they just need more time to review.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had few Chase credit cards in the past. They instantly approved me after verification and told me the credit limit.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I helped a family member app the Chase Freedom in Decmber 2018. It took 21 days for approval. Just got to be patient.

They were in the same shoes as you. It was for verification. We would call everyday and speak to different departments...lending, verification, fraud, etc. Finally received a letter in the mail stating they weren't able to match SSN to his name. I took him to a Chase branch and faxed the document to Chase from there. We would call the automated line to check status everyday. Finally a week after document submission, we heard the approval message on the automated line. He then called in to expedite the card and received it in 1 business day. It was a happy ending.

So no, you won't necessarily be approved over the phone after verification is complete. They did ask him a few questions and sent a text to his phone as well before he received something in the mail from Chase.

Let the process play out. Wait for the mail and see what they request. Don't call recon until you know it's a denial.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: I got a letter in the mail saying I was declined because they couldn’t verify my identity and suspected fraud. I called the chase recon number and they immediately wanted to put me through to verification, and I asked if that was the right department because I had already spoken to them, and recon said yes.

The person I spoke to at verification told me my application could not be verified, was declined because of that, and I could reapply. I said I didn’t want to reapply because it would be another HP, and they responded the HP would “fall off” in 30 days and I should reapply. I said I was told I just needed to verify my identity and I wanted to do that, and that I didn’t want to reapply. I was told to reapply once more and then I asked to speak with a manager. The person put me on hold and then came back saying they could ask me some questions to verify my identity and I did, then I was approved on the spot.

Thanks for all the encouragement, it really does look like getting a 7-10 day message AFTER the 30 day message is not a decline but probably because they need more information.
Message 9 of 11
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for all the encouragement, it really does look like getting a 7-10 day message AFTER the 30 day message is not a decline but probably because they need more information.

The Chase 7-10 day message is a big grey area, that's why guidance is to call the reconsideration line to talk to a CSR if you transition from a Robolady 30 day to a 7-10 day message.   Until you call or wait until the letter arrives you can't be certain of the reason. 

The closest to a 7-10 day absolute is if there is a decline based the 5/24 rule,  one should already know their 5/24 status before applying anyway and that reason is pretty much impossible to overturn unless you're over 5/24 due to being an AU on someone else's card(s). 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.