Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase verification

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase verification

Hello all, I applied for a Chase Amazon credit card one may 26 and yesterday I received a phone call from chase amazon fraud dept. The lady verified all my info, sent me a text to verify my idensity then stayed that she had all the info that she needed and she would sent it to the appropriate dept to finish the process. I should receive something in the mail very soon. What are your thoughts? Does that sound like an approval? I call the status line and it says 2 weeks from a response
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase verification

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello all, I applied for a Chase Amazon credit card one may 26 and yesterday I received a phone call from chase amazon fraud dept. The lady verified all my info, sent me a text to verify my idensity then stayed that she had all the info that she needed and she would sent it to the appropriate dept to finish the process. I should receive something in the mail very soon. What are your thoughts? Does that sound like an approval? I call the status line and it says 2 weeks from a response

You can never be 100% sure with Chase but I would say the verification and 2 week message are positive signs.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. Nothing is for sure. Just trying to get an idea of their process. Thanks for the input.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a strange one with my Chase Amazon approval as well.  I apped on 5/7 during some Amazon shopping and was given the 30 day message.  I called in a few days later and the robo lady said 7-10 days.  Sure enough a week later a denial letter came and it showed my Chase internal score as 606.....Yikes!!!  Anyways, after reading the forums I decided to send a secure message via the chase website since I already had a Freedom card albeit with a micro-limit and didn't hear anything back other than to call them at some number.    It seemed like a generic response so I just ignored it and went on with my business.  I received an email yesterday that I was approved for the Chase Amazon card for $500 dollars and I even received my $50 dollar amazon credit.  So hang in there and if you receive a denial which I don't think you will, just recon and I bet you'll get it.  Good luck

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok great. Sounds like I will just wait it out. Thanks for the response
Message 5 of 11
ddemari
Super Contributor

that sounds like an approval to me. 

Message 6 of 11
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I agree with ddemari everything is pointing towards approval. Every time I get the "in approximately 2 weeks" and go through verification it's been approved, but you never know so Goodluck my friend!
Message 7 of 11
elim
Senior Contributor

+ 10

99% you're in

Message 8 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Feel an approval coming for you! Update your results.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received the same phone call with Chase. I applied for Disney Rewards and Southwest. I verified my info and was approved  for Southwest but not Disney. I tried to recon twice for the Disney but was told that I had to establish a relationship through the Southwest before they will give me Disney. I am a frequent disney vacationer and I was really looking forward to the Disney Visa.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.