Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase verify and then denied??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase verify and then denied??

Hi, I'm so confused. I recently applied for a chase freedom unlimited credit card online and got a 30 day message. So I read a few boards on here and gave it a few days before calling to check my app. status and It changed to 7-10 days. So I called the the recon # and she asked me to fax proof of my address which I did but I got impatient and called again the same day and another person answered and told me my app. Was denied.. So can someone explain to me why they would need verification and then deny me??
2 REPLIES 2
TaperRandy
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase verify and then denied??

Here's the deal with the "We have received your request and are awaiting results, approval, etc". You're not getting the card. Again, this is from my own experience, and I've been up, down, up, down, due to the fact that I have always followed my dreams of being a successful small business owner. I am very familiar with denial responses. Often they are immediate yet sometimes, as in your case, you receive a "review in progress" or related verbiage. It means in essence, move on. These are not the words you want to hear, but certainly you also don't want to waste time on false hopes.

In other words, you were denied within seconds after hitting the submit button, but Chase's approach apparently to declining credit in your case is of the "request under review" dynamic. 

Your issues aren't with Chase's procedures...your issues lie within your own financial construct. Pull your reports first and pour over each one, page by page, graph by graph. Look for discrepancies. Look for any box that isn't green. Look at your reported income. Be objective...and you will find the real answer for the Chase decline, I promise.

EQ: 759 ; EXP: 797 ; TU: 758
BOA Cash Rewards:$27,000 ; BOA Business Cash Rewards:$30,000 ; AMEX PLATINUM BUSINESS-Open; Amex Business Blue- $30,000; AMEX Everyday Preferred: $30,000; Venture One:$11,750 ; QuickSilver:$10,500 ; CFU: $6,000 ; Home Depot: $15,000 ; Lowe's: $25,000 ; AMEX Business Plum: Open ; Discover It: $13,500; Elan Financial; $14,500; Citi Diamond Preferred-$11,000; CitiBusiness AAdvantage; $7,000; SYNC Welcome Home-$25,000
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase verify and then denied??

Sorry to hear about the denial. What's your profile like? Scores? AAoA, Income, any accounts recently opened? Deregatories on your report? All of these will allow some of our experienced forumers give you an actual advise. If you were asked for verification, then it seems that you were considered for approval but something happened in the process that made them decide otherwise. You can call in for reconsideration, but knowing your credit profile will give you some leverage, be prepared to answer their questions and you might just have a shot at overturning their decision.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.