Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC further processing required

tag
Np1791
Frequent Contributor

Citi DC further processing required

Hello everybody! So I applied for the Citi DC last night at around 11pm and received the “further processing is required check back in 24 hours” message. I check if I was pre-approved through their website and I didn’t get the DC but I got the Diamond preferred, simplicity, and the thank you cards. None of which I wanted so I decided to apply for the DC instead since it was the last card that I’ve been looking to get. I called in this morning and I was told it required further processing and verification. At the time my score for experian as that was the bureau they pulled was roughly between 670-705 depending on the source. No late payments ever and maybe 6 inquiries in the last 6 months. What do you guys think about my approval odds?FDA78717-9349-4FBF-B73F-C20BAB593D8C.png

As of 11/28/2018
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Citi DC further processing required

Did you call in and speak with anyone? Normally when I get this message. It's my cue to call in and be transferred to a UW for verification.
Message 2 of 8
Np1791
Frequent Contributor

I did call in however they told me it’s not something they can help with. It has to be waited out.
As of 11/28/2018
Message 3 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

50/50 with 6 hps in 6 months. Citi can be squirrelly to certain profiles while others can slip past that headache.
Message 4 of 8
Np1791
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
50/50 with 6 hps in 6 months. Citi can be squirrelly to certain profiles while others can slip past that headache.

Well hopefully they won’t focus on the inquiries although that’s been the same exact reason I have been declined in the past. This is the first time I’ve ever been pre approved for any Citi cards though and the first time it’s ever gone to further processing. Hopefully it’s a good sign. 

As of 11/28/2018
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Friend of mine got instantly approved for ~$1000+ (I dont recall exact amount) with scores about 650, only 1 old inquiry. I, on the other hand, had further processing required and my scores are 800+, no inquiries, but once I got approved my SL was ~$5000+.

Message 6 of 8
Np1791
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Friend of mine got instantly approved for ~$1000+ (I dont recall exact amount) with scores about 650, only 1 old inquiry. I, on the other hand, had further processing required and my scores are 800+, no inquiries, but once I got approved my SL was ~$5000+.

How long was it in pending status? 

As of 11/28/2018
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Np1791 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How long was it in pending status? 

Mine was probably two weeks but I was overly eager and calling the backdoor number which did me no good and the regular helpline. They just needed me to send in a bunch of identity verification documents.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.