Citi Card 2x Credit Increase Exploit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Card 2x Credit Increase Exploit

@coldfusion wrote:

@4sallypat wrote:

No HP on Citi CLI ???

I have the same question, as both the Best Buy and Home Depot cards are Citi Retail Services cards with data points pointing to CLI requests triggering hard pulls.  How many hard pulls were there?

In my experience, it's one HP. This time it was TU. Generally, they seem to keep a copy of your report on file for about a month or so before needing to do another HP for a CLI request.

Edit: I mean to say one HP per account. I think if you do it across multiple accounts, you will (or at least could) get one HP per account.

Message 11 of 13
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@4sallypat wrote:

No HP on Citi CLI ???

I have the same question, as both the Best Buy and Home Depot cards are Citi Retail Services cards with data points pointing to CLI requests triggering hard pulls.  How many hard pulls were there?

In my experience, it's one HP. This time it was TU. Generally, they seem to keep a copy of your report on file for about a month or so before needing to do another HP for a CLI request.

Edit: I mean to say one HP per account. I think if you do it across multiple accounts, you will (or at least could) get one HP per account.

The 1 HP per account is what I'd expect.  What I was specifically wondering is whether or not they made an additional hard pull when attempting to double-dip the same account,  and then if they had done so if they later circled back and withdrew the 2nd hard pull.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@4sallypat wrote:

No HP on Citi CLI ???

It must have been a SP. Both approvals and no HP's on my TU. I also did a Macy's AX CLI about an hour later a SP on that one too. I just ran my TU report and my last HP was a week ago for a BP Visa.

I ran my EQ and EX too just now, no HP's from Citi on them either. (DSNB as they like to be called on the MacysSmiley Indifferent)

Thanks

Mark

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.