Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi SP link for CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi SP link for CLI

Awesome, thanks!

...and from what I have gathered from myFico research, submitting for the CLI ahead of time doesn't reset the clock, correct?

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Easy IMO.. SP language is still there on my DC although rules is 6 months between SP's so a screen shot of my DC SP language also there for my Costco although not eligible for a few more months and see when it shows up on my new AA card that i got in the mail yesterday lol.

Screen Shot 2018-06-19 at 8.57.50 PM.png

Message 11 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Awesome, thanks!

...and from what I have gathered from myFico research, submitting for the CLI ahead of time doesn't reset the clock, correct?

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Easy IMO.. SP language is still there on my DC although rules is 6 months between SP's so a screen shot of my DC SP language also there for my Costco although not eligible for a few more months and see when it shows up on my new AA card that i got in the mail yesterday lol.

Correct

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Every single time I try I put in my info , then we are sorry we need more info. They always want to pull my credit. I even unlocked them and for some reason still they cant. My sp affair is not meant to be I guessSmiley Wink

Same. Always get rejected for the SP and they always want to get me to do a HP. I've had the same limit for years now and they just won't budge at all. I don't get it either since they keep sending me offers to apply for Simplicity or the American Airlines card.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried for a SP CLI from Citi so many times. Always denied. System won't even give me the option for a HP,  which I think would probably help my chances. Citi is frustating. I have perfect payment history with them and rarely carried a balance. 

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is deja vu with me and Discover Smiley Very Happy I have heard that Discover and Citi are brother and sister when it comesd to how they handle CLIs...

@Anonymous wrote:

I have tried for a SP CLI from Citi so many times. Always denied. System won't even give me the option for a HP,  which I think would probably help my chances. Citi is frustating. I have perfect payment history with them and rarely carried a balance. 

Message 15 of 18
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

The link is also available by navigating to Service, Credit Card Services, Request a Credit Limit Increase.  There is no minimum time that I am aware of; I believe I got my first one with Diamond Preferred prior to the 3 month mark.  For comparison, here is the difference between the HP language and the SP language.  If approved for a SP increase, there will be an opportunity to do a HP for a larger limit.  I'll also confirm that I've asked too early numerous times and it did not reset a clock.  FWIW I haven't been turned down for a SP CLI yet, but I did recently get turned down for a HP CLI from Citi when I activated my new ThankYou Premier.  I'm waiting (im)patiently for that one to turn to the SP language.

citi_hp.PNGciti_sp.PNG

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

OH MAN! Smiley Surprised

Tank you sooo much. This is SUPER helpful!

@K-in-Boston wrote:

The link is also available by navigating to Service, Credit Card Services, Request a Credit Limit Increase.  There is no minimum time that I am aware of; I believe I got my first one with Diamond Preferred prior to the 3 month mark.  For comparison, here is the difference between the HP language and the SP language.  If approved for a SP increase, there will be an opportunity to do a HP for a larger limit.  I'll also confirm that I've asked too early numerous times and it did not reset a clock.  FWIW I haven't been turned down for a SP CLI yet, but I did recently get turned down for a HP CLI from Citi when I activated my new ThankYou Premier.  I'm waiting (im)patiently for that one to turn to the SP language.

citi_hp.PNGciti_sp.PNG

Message 17 of 18
Gonzozap
Frequent Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:
Sorry was just posting in case some were not aware to this.

Thanks a bunch.  Worked for me.  One of the fastest responses ever.  Additional $7k.  I didn't ask for a specific amount.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.