cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi SP link for CLI

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi SP link for CLI

Awesome, thanks!

 

...and from what I have gathered from myFico research, submitting for the CLI ahead of time doesn't reset the clock, correct?

 

 

 


@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Easy IMO.. SP language is still there on my DC although rules is 6 months between SP's so a screen shot of my DC SP language also there for my Costco although not eligible for a few more months and see when it shows up on my new AA card that i got in the mail yesterday lol.

 

 

Screen Shot 2018-06-19 at 8.57.50 PM.png


 



STATUS: Gardening until October 30, 2019
CURRENT FAVORITE CARD: American Express Rose Gold Card
Message 11 of 18
Moderator

Re: Citi SP link for CLI


@Jude_Bray wrote:

Awesome, thanks!

 

...and from what I have gathered from myFico research, submitting for the CLI ahead of time doesn't reset the clock, correct?

 

 

 


@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Easy IMO.. SP language is still there on my DC although rules is 6 months between SP's so a screen shot of my DC SP language also there for my Costco although not eligible for a few more months and see when it shows up on my new AA card that i got in the mail yesterday lol.

 

 

 


 


Correct

Chase | Citibank | Amex | BofA | PenFed | NFCU | Discover | Fifth Third | BB&T | Synovus | Commerce
Message 12 of 18
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi SP link for CLI


@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Every single time I try I put in my info , then we are sorry we need more info. They always want to pull my credit. I even unlocked them and for some reason still they cant. My sp affair is not meant to be I guessSmiley Wink


Same. Always get rejected for the SP and they always want to get me to do a HP. I've had the same limit for years now and they just won't budge at all. I don't get it either since they keep sending me offers to apply for Simplicity or the American Airlines card.


TU FICO 8 - 818 (4/19) | EX FICO 8 - 825 (4/19) EQ FICO 9 - 826(3/19)
Message 13 of 18
New Contributor

Re: Citi SP link for CLI

I have tried for a SP CLI from Citi so many times. Always denied. System won't even give me the option for a HP,  which I think would probably help my chances. Citi is frustating. I have perfect payment history with them and rarely carried a balance. 

Current Portfolio:

Under Consideration:
Message 14 of 18
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi SP link for CLI

This is deja vu with me and Discover Smiley Very Happy I have heard that Discover and Citi are brother and sister when it comesd to how they handle CLIs...

 

 

 


@GardenPro wrote:

I have tried for a SP CLI from Citi so many times. Always denied. System won't even give me the option for a HP,  which I think would probably help my chances. Citi is frustating. I have perfect payment history with them and rarely carried a balance. 


 



STATUS: Gardening until October 30, 2019
CURRENT FAVORITE CARD: American Express Rose Gold Card
Message 15 of 18
Moderator

Re: Citi SP link for CLI

The link is also available by navigating to Service, Credit Card Services, Request a Credit Limit Increase.  There is no minimum time that I am aware of; I believe I got my first one with Diamond Preferred prior to the 3 month mark.  For comparison, here is the difference between the HP language and the SP language.  If approved for a SP increase, there will be an opportunity to do a HP for a larger limit.  I'll also confirm that I've asked too early numerous times and it did not reset a clock.  FWIW I haven't been turned down for a SP CLI yet, but I did recently get turned down for a HP CLI from Citi when I activated my new ThankYou Premier.  I'm waiting (im)patiently for that one to turn to the SP language.

 

 

citi_hp.PNGHard pullciti_sp.PNGSoft pull


Message 16 of 18
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi SP link for CLI

OH MAN! Smiley Surprised

 

Tank you sooo much. This is SUPER helpful!

 

 


@K-in-Boston wrote:

The link is also available by navigating to Service, Credit Card Services, Request a Credit Limit Increase.  There is no minimum time that I am aware of; I believe I got my first one with Diamond Preferred prior to the 3 month mark.  For comparison, here is the difference between the HP language and the SP language.  If approved for a SP increase, there will be an opportunity to do a HP for a larger limit.  I'll also confirm that I've asked too early numerous times and it did not reset a clock.  FWIW I haven't been turned down for a SP CLI yet, but I did recently get turned down for a HP CLI from Citi when I activated my new ThankYou Premier.  I'm waiting (im)patiently for that one to turn to the SP language.

 

 

citi_hp.PNGHard pullciti_sp.PNGSoft pull


 



STATUS: Gardening until October 30, 2019
CURRENT FAVORITE CARD: American Express Rose Gold Card
Message 17 of 18
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi SP link for CLI


@Jnbmom wrote:
Sorry was just posting in case some were not aware to this.

Thanks a bunch.  Worked for me.  One of the fastest responses ever.  Additional $7k.  I didn't ask for a specific amount.

Message 18 of 18