Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi cli rules

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi cli rules

How long do you have to have a citi card before you get sp language in the app 91 days? 6 months? A year?

thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi cli rules

No hard and fast rule that I am aware of. Some people have been successful smashing the luv button as soon as they activate their card but I think that is ultra rare. 6 months is the most likely scenario, however they may make you wait a bit longer and is profile dependant. I had SP language on mine from the time I activated my DC account until they granted my first CLI, even though I had a few denials first along the way. I never had HP language until immediately after I requested my increase. Once they grant you a CLI, they are kind enough to provide you with a 180 day timer to remind you of the exact date you are eligible to request again which I think is pretty cool. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool thanks my cli just says call in I'm sure it'll change over time

Message 3 of 7
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Cool thanks my cli just says call in I'm sure it'll change over time

Really? Weird! What is the exact verbiage that it has, I'm just curious because I've not heard that one before. 

TCL $199,800
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

49E67C3A-7C77-463D-BA9C-AC52709E2722.pngThis is under lending --> credit line increase 

Message 5 of 7
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

49E67C3A-7C77-463D-BA9C-AC52709E2722.pngThis is under lending --> credit line increase 

Very interesting! Well...if you decide to take one for the team and call them to see what gives, let us know what they say! I'm sure they would explain it to you why you can't request online. 

TCL $199,800
Message 6 of 7
fatcomic
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had that message my Home Depot card after I backed out of doing a HP CLI.   I tried it again in a few days after I decided I'll take the HP hit, because either the limit needed to increase to something usable or the card was on the chopping block.   It gave me the call in to complete your request message, I said forget it and didn't call in.  Then I get an envelope in the mail a few weeks later with a 10% off coupon and a notice that they increased my CL.   

Maybe that is a sign that Citi is looking at doing an auto CLI soon?  I'm not sure, just my experience from seeing that message.  

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.