Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi mailed reference #?

tag
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Citi mailed reference #?

Hey everybody! I applied for the Citi AA Executive, pulled EX - 834, app went pending so I called... 

the lady kept saying approved then said wait on hold please, then said they'll mail something to me with a reference #..

is this common with Citi? I have 2 other cards with them total exposure 55k and Citigold Private client

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi mailed reference #?

@Creditplz wrote:

Hey everybody! I applied for the Citi AA Executive, pulled EX - 834, app went pending so I called... 

the lady kept saying approved then said wait on hold please, then said they'll mail something to me with a reference #..

is this common with Citi? I have 2 other cards with them total exposure 55k and Citigold Private client

@Creditplz, Could be a ref# for ID purposes? .. Just a stab in the dark. (I could be wrong)

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 4
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Yeah I believe so!! But I think it's odd cause I already have 2 cards with them 🤣 

called again, they said when I get the reference # to give them a call for decision! Hopefully I can update with an approval in 5-7 business days

Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditplz wrote:

Yeah I believe so!! But I think it's odd cause I already have 2 cards with them 🤣 

called again, they said when I get the reference # to give them a call for decision! Hopefully I can update with an approval in 5-7 business days

This sounds like an extra verification step.

Often times, depending on verification protocols, a reference ID can be provided on screen with a number to call to continue the processing of an application. But, depending on what may have triggered the extra verification step, they can mail the information so they can confirm they're speaking with the right individual, regardless if you have an existing Citi relationship.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.