cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank 7-10 day message

tag
Jaxson59

Citibank 7-10 day message

I apped Citibank Simplicity 3 days ago and got the 7-10 day message. So far, they haven't pulled my credit yet.

I unfrozen my Equifax (711 FICO) and TU (696 FICO). MY Experian is still frozen (671).

Is it normal that they don't HP yet?

Thanks....I learn a lot here.
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citibank 7-10 day message

Well, why only 2/3 unforzen?

When I got mmy 2 cards with them they pulled EQ/EX for approvals and EQ for CLI's when asking for the HP in addition to the SP CLI.

Did you IIB them?  Late payments? 

Usually when you don't see a HP from a major bank either you're on their blacklist or you put in the wrong SSN.... or your still frozen.

Message 2 of 25
Jaxson59

I haven't contacted them yet. I didn't unfreeze Ex because my score is so low. I don't have anything bad (1 medical collection from 6 years ago). I have a Discover with a CL of $8500. 26% utilization among all cards. I don't think I'm on a blacklist but perhaps I will call them tomorrow....leaving the house soon. Any suggestions?
Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 25
Jaxson59

Thanks for the link. I check it each day but it says it is still processing my app. I just find it odd that they can process an app without any HP's. I will call them in the morning and see what they say.

I have no lates at all....fairly new credit length but other than age and the one collection, clean. I will update here tomorrow after I talk to them.

Thanks for your feedback!
Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I get alerts instantly w/ apps w/ most lenders.

I did apply for a little unknown bank this year and didn't get any alerts from that app but, ended up w/ a letter saying they couldn't match my info to a CR and there wasn't a HP anywhere to be seen.  I don't know if their backend wasn't connecting to the CRA's that day or what the deal was and moved onto a different app on the list I had at the time.  Even some of the dark ages banks w/ bad technology will show a HP instantly or at least within a day or two.  

Citi can be wonky at times though too. If I make a change to an account like an approval or PC I'll get locked out of the system for a couple of days while it's processing for whatever reason and then it just starts working again.  So, there's that... 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066

Citi: 800-763-9795 (They ask for your app #)

Message 6 of 25
Jaxson59

Thanks for the numbers. I will call tomorrow and update here.
PS- I figured they would have at least pulled either Eq or TU. Maybe there is some kind of computer issue or SSN error. Again...thanks
Message 7 of 25
Jaxson59

I called Citibank and was told the hold-up was due to my Experian being frozen. I asked if they could use my EQ or TU instead and she said no. She said that the decision to pull EX was made by the computer and she had no control over that. She told me to unfreeze EX and call them back.

I now am not feeling confident that my EQ score of 671 will be enough. I don't want to take the hit on my score for a probable turndow. I think I will wait awhile and try again when my score is at 700.

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

671 on EX isn't really all that bad for Citi.  Even with 800+ it's a roll of the dice with them if you don't follow the app rules.

We will never know if you would be approved since you froze yourself out of a decision.  I kind of figured it would be Experian related though since it wasn't thawed out.

Message 9 of 25
Jaxson59

Do you think it's worth the possible ding to apply then? 671 sounds really low to me. I appreciate your help!
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.