Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank Secured Card Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citibank Secured Card Question

Hello All Smiley Happy

Lately I've been curious about the Citibank Secured Card. 

Does anyone know the highest and lowest credit scores approved for their secured card?

I am slowly rebuilding my credit and debating on when the right time will be. I want to make sure I'm still considered a canidate for their secured card when the time comes. Currently paying off a collection, while having an installment loan (self lender) and Discover it secured. UTL decreased to 84% from 98% Smiley Very Happy and it will continue to decrease.

I checked my experian and my FICO 8 score is currenlty 559

Thanks in advance for answering ~ 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citibank Secured Card Question

My score was around yours when I successfuly app'd that card.  I wish I hadn't , they seem pretty firm on no early graduation for the full 18 months.  Maybe that isnt a big deal for you, for me it is.  My scores rebounded very quickly and now regret not just sticking to cap 1 and discover.  Good luck either way

Message 2 of 6
calyx
Super Contributor

My scores were around 610 when I was approved.
I've seen (recent) posts that Citi will sometimes graduate after 12 months (one reportedly was graduated at 9 months).   I don't mind the full 18 month wait, though - it will graduate to a legacy product (Diamond Preferred) that can be PCed, and I wanted to establish a relationship with Citi.   If you don't mind the wait, it's not a bad card, and you still get the price protection (and hey, free EQ Bankcard 8 score Smiley Happy )   Plus, no AF like many secured cards.  I'm happy with it.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 3 of 6
sjt
Senior Contributor

@calyx wrote:

I've seen (recent) posts that Citi will sometimes graduate after 12 months (one reportedly was graduated at 9 months).   I don't mind the full 18 month wait, though - it will graduate to a legacy product (Diamond Preferred) that can be PCed, and I wanted to establish a relationship with Citi.   If you don't mind the wait, it's not a bad card, and you still get the price protection (and hey, free EQ Bankcard 8 score Smiley Happy )   Plus, no AF like many secured cards.  I'm happy with it.

Too add on to your post, Citi lets you product change after it graduates. They are also good with SP CLI and APR reduction.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My score was around yours when I successfuly app'd that card.  I wish I hadn't , they seem pretty firm on no early graduation for the full 18 months.  Maybe that isnt a big deal for you, for me it is.  My scores rebounded very quickly and now regret not just sticking to cap 1 and discover.  Good luck either way

Thank you so much, I'll give them a go next month then :] Yeah I think that part really blows but I'm alright with it because I have one unsecured already. I mostly just want to get my foot in the door with them to increase my chances of getting the DC later on. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@calyx wrote:

That's pretty cool, I wouldn't mind either, the longer I keep it, the better it is for my score lol.
I am definitely asking for the PC. Do you know if they limit which products you can request?
Thanks for your response :] Yeah that is one of the biggest perks in my book lol, the EQ Bankcard 8 score Heart 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.