Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cli timetable masterthread

tag
micvite
Frequent Contributor

Cli timetable masterthread

This is a Timetable masterthread for all credit card CLI's, I'm looking to gather info about each CC company and each cobranded cc if they have different timelines for CLI's and include it in one place to make it easier to apply for ClI's at the right time. I'll start with the few that I know and please reply with any others so that I can add to the OP.

Edit: these time-frames are if you've gotten an approval, unless stated, if you're denied you can try again immediately.

Amex: Every 181 days  (have to wait 90 days after decline, 1 CLI triggers wait for all accounts)

Apple by Goldman Sachs: Every 3 months (auto CLI does not count)

Bank of America: Every 91 Days

Capital One: Every 6 months

Capital One Kohl's: Every 3 Months

Citi: Every 6 months

Commenity store cards: Every 3 months (YMMV, tested on BOSC, VS, Ulta store card)

Discover: Every Month *

FNBO: Every 4 Months

Macy's: Every Month (30 + 1 days)

NFCU: Every 6 Months

Synchrony Car Care: Every 3 months (YMMV, others have reported 61 days for other sync cards)

US Bank: 1st of the month, following the 6-month anniv. date of last approval (so technically the first day of the 7th month)

*On same day of Discover cli Via online request call 18003474856 and tell them you were expecting a bit more, this can produce an additional CLI

Ex: 742, TU: 726, EQ: 733 03/31/2021
Discover it cashback: $10900
Citi DC: $13000
WF Propel: closed 2k
Amex BCED: $3000
Amex Gold: $NPSL
Amex Plat: NPSL
Cap1 QS: $3200
Cap1 VX $50k
VS CC: $2900
Kohls: $3000
Synchrony car care: $3000
citi best buy visa: $8500
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cli timetable masterthread

There are/were a few. Mostly for Amex, Navy Federal Credit Union and PenFed.

They reside(ed) in the Credit Card Applications section of the forums. For instance:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/td-p/1811...

See 5428 though. These threads get out of control and information can become outdated and hard to find. In thread 5428, a Moderator indicated that the thread would be locked (which it subsequently was) and that if anybody were interested in maintaining a master thread to reach out to them. 

I would imagine a spreadsheet "sticky" could be made and maintained by someone but it would be a labor of love. 

Message 2 of 16
micvite
Frequent Contributor

CLI Wait time Masterthread

This is a Timetable masterthread for all credit card CLI's, I'm looking to gather info about each CC company and each cobranded cc if they have different timelines for CLI's and include it in one place to make it easier to apply for ClI's at the right time. I'll start with the few that I know and please reply with any others so that I can add to the OP.

Amex: Every 6 months (have to wait 90 days after decline, 1 CLI triggers wait for all accounts)

Apple by Goldman Sachs: Every 3 months (auto CLI does not count)

Capital One Kohl's: Every 3 Months

Citi: Every 6 months

Commenity: Every 3 months

Discover: Every Month

Cap1 VX $50k
Message 3 of 16
MrBEW
Regular Contributor

Re: CLI Wait time Masterthread

Macy's - Every Month (30 + 1 days)

NFCU - 6 Months

Message 4 of 16
Sub16610
Established Contributor

Thank you @micvite for starting this thread.  For a newbie like me this is very useful.

Message 5 of 16
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

@micvite 

AMEX is technically (181 days) rather than a flat 6 months

FNBO = every 4 months

BoA = 91 days

US Bank = 1st of the month, following the 6-month anniv. date of last approval (so technically the first day of the 7th month)

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 6 of 16
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@micvite wrote:

It's six months after a CLI approval. There is no wait to request again if one declines a CLI offer or is denied.

Message 7 of 16
micvite
Frequent Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

@micvite wrote:

It's six months after a CLI approval. There is no wait to request again if one declines a CLI offer or is denied.

Yup, made an edit to explain this is only the time you have to wait after approval. Thanks!

Cap1 VX $50k
Message 8 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Of notewrothy, not all Comenity accounts work on a 3-month schedule for CLIs. Some accounts can have 4-6 month intervals in between depending on the CC. For Comenity V/MC, typically the first CLI can be processed upon receiving the card or 6 months after approval.  So I would adjust your 3-month reference in the op accodingly.

Message 9 of 16
micvite
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Of notewrothy, not all Comenity accounts work on a 3-month schedule for CLIs. Some accounts can have 4-6 month intervals in between depending on the CC. For Comenity V/MC, typically the first CLI can be processed upon receiving the card or 6 months after approval.  So I would adjust your 3-month reference in the op accodingly.

Thank you for the info! I was going off the 3 accs I have which are bosc VS and ulta. Would it be safe to say their store branded cards are gonna be every 3 months then?

Cap1 VX $50k
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.