Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity CLI HP/SP Data Points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity CLI HP/SP Data Points

@stinastina wrote:

So I'm not sure why I hit the luv button today because last ti,e I tried, I got a nasty hard pull and zero increase for my efforts. My card is almost 1 year old and stuck at $250. I had stopped using it for several months but a few weeks ago I bought a blanket . Today they gave me a total of $1050. What a weird number but I'll take it. WHat's the best method to try to double dip ?

Logout, log in, click the button of Luv. Some will close the window, clear cache and cookies, open window, log in then click the button again. 

Message 41 of 638
stinastina
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@stinastina wrote:

So I'm not sure why I hit the luv button today because last ti,e I tried, I got a nasty hard pull and zero increase for my efforts. My card is almost 1 year old and stuck at $250. I had stopped using it for several months but a few weeks ago I bought a blanket . Today they gave me a total of $1050. What a weird number but I'll take it. WHat's the best method to try to double dip ?

Logout, log in, click the button of Luv. Some will close the window, clear cache and cookies, open window, log in then click the button again. 

Woo hoo ! Just got an increase to $1800 ! A whole year of nothing , then a HP and nothing. FInally something. Smiley Very Happy

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 42 of 638
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
This thread is to try and consolidate information on what appears to be the emerging trend of Comenity Bank to use HPs at times for CLI requests rather than SPs. Recently there have been a number of members suddenly getting HPs when requesting, when in the past it has been a process driven by SPs.

Comenity is far from a tier-one lender and may not “matter” as much as Chase or American Express, but they are widespread in reach and the sheer number of cards they back, not to mention the relative ease of acquiring them, means they are in many wallets on this forum. In that respect, this may be a worthwhile compilation. What I’m wondering is if we can discern a breakpoint somewhere that will help determine when a HP may occur, whether it’s due to passage of time between CLI requests, the amount of the CLI being granted (which we as consumers won’t know until the HP is already used), or possibly due to the credit line already in effect at the time of the CLI request. It may even depend on which card is being increase-requested.

What I would ask of anyone who contributes is to include the following info, or as much of it as you have documented:

Card in question
Open date and whether SP/SCT or HP
Existing CL
Date of CLI
Amount of CLI
For each CLI, whether it was SP or HP

Including this for as many CLIs as you can recall would help broaden the reach of the data and may help shake out any patterns that could be buried in there. Hopefully enough data will surface that we can tabulate it to compare any trends based on any of the data included. Suggestions to improve this are definitely encouraged and welcomed!

Card in question - Total Rewards (Caesars Rewards is new name) Visa Signature
Open date and whether SP/SCT or HP - HP to open on 4/2017
Existing CL - 15000
Date of CLI - 04/01/2019

Amount of CLI - 2500
For each CLI, whether it was SP or HP - SP

hope this helps Smiley Happy

Message 43 of 638
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update to my reply yesterday

Today, the payment posted to my Overstock account. I clicked the Luv button and got another instant $1500 CLI bringing my total CL to $6350!!! Wahoo. Still no HP notification 🤞 

Message 44 of 638
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Doesnt @FireMedic1 already have a thread dedicated to this? Not sure where it is but he put up mad dps to scare off most cli Comenity thrillseekersSmiley Wink

My thread was for appyling for credit if it was a HP or SP. Which we know after Oct 2018 it all became a HP. It wasnt about CLI's like this thread. Recently 2 posters got so called SCT SP credit. Still waiting for their return to say it stuck as a SP. But since they havent been back. I'm guessing they got HP'ed. Carry on Devil.

Message 45 of 638
stinastina
Established Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Doesnt @FireMedic1 already have a thread dedicated to this? Not sure where it is but he put up mad dps to scare off most cli Comenity thrillseekersSmiley Wink

My thread was for appyling for credit if it was a HP or SP. Which we know after Oct 2018 it all became a HP. It wasnt about CLI's like this thread. Recently 2 posters got so called SCT SP credit. Still waiting for their return to say it stuck as a SP. But since they havent been back. I'm guessing they got HP'ed. Carry on Devil.

I was hp-ed a month ago but did not get a cli as requested. My recent cli request was a SP and then I double dipped for another SP.

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 46 of 638
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edited my first reply just now (post 2) to reflect my third monthly SP CLI in a row on the VS card. It looks like I’m definitely on a monthly $250 CLI pace now.

I have now spent enough to move up to the top tier of three (Angel Forever) on the card, which unlocks additional perks and discounts, which will thrill DW and DD to no end I’m sure. I suppose there’s a chance that today’s CLI is an attaboy for that but I moved to that tier on 4/1, and was declined a CLI on 4/4, so I do really think I’m on the $250/month CLI plan now.

Nonetheless, as I’ve stated before, I’ve seen posts from several members saying they have a hard time growing this card. I’ve had good, regular growth on it, tripling my limit in 8 months of having the card, simply through use and good, above-the-minimum payments, not including any PIF. Whatever pattern you choose to discern from this, it seems to be working just fine, with the first $250 CLI after 3 months, a second $250 three months later, and then another $250 each month the next two months, bringing me to today.
Message 47 of 638
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have now spent enough to move up to the top tier of three (Angel Forever) on the card

Ahhh, look at you.....@ImTheDevil is really an Angel ForeverSmiley WinkSmiley Very HappySmiley Tongue

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 48 of 638
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol wonder if they have a Fallen Angel designation. Maybe that’s what you get if you default on the card?
Message 49 of 638
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Lol wonder if they have a Fallen Angel designation. Maybe that’s what you get if you default on the card?

They do but u gotta have big udders 4 that!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 50 of 638
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.