Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity CLI HP/SP Data Points

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Question on Comenity CLI’s

So is Comenity doing hp's and sp's on both their store cards or just their MC/Visa products?  @ImTheDevil  have you noticed a trend?  I'd like to try my UltaMC after it's aged a few months and I would like to know how/phone # for Robolady.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 81 of 638
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like the store cards are only getting HPs when the initial application is made, from what I’ve been reading (at least until the CLs are nearing $3000), but by all means don’t take that as gospel. I don’t have any of their Visa/MC products so unfortunately I’m not sure on those.
Message 82 of 638
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@ImTheDevil   The only Comenity HP I got from them was two days after being approved for UltaMC and I called back in to see if I could get it increased and Bam! alert from Exp. while I was on the phone with the lady.  I never got one when talking to rep for cli or doing the online cli with my store card at HSN.   BTW, Ultamc was truely the SCT, like 3 weeks ago.  Dumbme, I shouldn't have called in days later to get more.....(food for thought)  The lady even said it could be a hp but she just would not know.  Oh well

Message 83 of 638
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

So is Comenity doing hp's and sp's on both their store cards or just their MC/Visa products?  @ImTheDevil  have you noticed a trend?  I'd like to try my UltaMC after it's aged a few months and I would like to know how/phone # for Robolady.

i just did a CLI on my Total Reward/Caesard Visa siggy, and no hard pull.  that was about 5 days ago.  so not sure what they are doing exactly.  Also, my Sportsmans Guide visa did not get a hard pull last month either.

Message 84 of 638
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

i just did a CLI on my Total Reward/Caesard Visa siggy, and no hard pull.  that was about 5 days ago.  so not sure what they are doing exactly.  Also, my Sportsmans Guide visa did not get a hard pull last month either.

Were your reports locked?  (and Congrats!)

Message 85 of 638
Anonymous
Not applicable

no, reports are not blocked.  it just was approved like it normally would be, meaning a screen just popped up saying approved with the new CL.  Maybe it is just those 2 cards?  it seems like not too long ago, i got a CLI on my overstock, but i might be mistaken.  Regardless, i have not had any HP from Comenity yet.  (fingers crossed i won't either LOL)

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

Were your reports locked?  (and Congrats!)

Message 86 of 638
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Comenity CLI HP/SP Data Points

• BJ's Perks Elite World MasterCard
  • Opened August 2016.  HP
  • SL $17,000
  • 02-2017 $400 SP CLI ($17,400)
  • 06-2017 $400 SP CLI ($17,800)
  • 11-2017 $3000 SP CLI ($20,800)
  • 03-2018 $3000 SP CLI ($23,800)
  • 07-2018 $3000 SP CLI ($26,800)
  • 10-2018 HP on EX. Denied. Letter stated that they are required to contact me via the contact information contained in my credit reports and were unable to contact me.  Called them up and rep said that I was denied due to not having my phone number listed on my Experian credit report.  First time I've ever had that be an issue in 20+ years of credit card applications, and the file is only going to have what other lenders report anyway so there's not really much I can do about it.  He said he'd be happy to manually submit it but it would take 7-10 days for a decision.  No problem.  A week later, I got a denial because it had been too soon since my last request.  (Comenity requires 4 months between CLIs on this card.)
  • 11-2018 No pull and denied.  Decided I would try again right after the 4 month mark hit since the previous one.  Letter stated that they are required to contact me via the contact information contained in my credit reports and were unable to contact me.  Have not bothered since.
Message 87 of 638
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:
  • BJ's Perks Elite World MasterCard
  • Opened August 2016.  HP
  • SL $17,000
  • 02-2017 $400 SP CLI ($17,400)
  • 06-2017 $400 SP CLI ($17,800)
  • 11-2017 $3000 SP CLI ($20,800)
  • 03-2018 $3000 SP CLI ($23,800)
  • 07-2018 $3000 SP CLI ($26,800)
  • 10-2018 HP on EX. Denied. Letter stated that they are required to contact me via the contact information contained in my credit reports and were unable to contact me.  Called them up and rep said that I was denied due to not having my phone number listed on my Experian credit report.  First time I've ever had that be an issue in 20+ years of credit card applications, and the file is only going to have what other lenders report anyway so there's not really much I can do about it.  He said he'd be happy to manually submit it but it would take 7-10 days for a decision.  No problem.  A week later, I got a denial because it had been too soon since my last request.  (Comenity requires 4 months between CLIs on this card.)
  • 11-2018 No pull and denied.  Decided I would try again right after the 4 month mark hit since the previous one.  Letter stated that they are required to contact me via the contact information contained in my credit reports and were unable to contact me.  Have not bothered since.

So the point is: Comenity most likely has your phone number and all info. related to your whereabouts  but find it necessary to deny you because your number is NOT listed on cr's.  That's very odd, right?  Have you ever had to answer verification answers with the cb's and past and present phone numbers being one of them?  What do we do? Call each CB and make them add our latest cell, home and business number?  So sorry they denied you.  Do you need to dispute information on the 3b's then?  

Message 88 of 638
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

It IS very odd. Comenity certainly has my correct info. Address has not changed in over 8 years. Employer has not changed in over 12. Phone number has not changed in nearly 15.

I’m sure I’ve had a verification question come up from like LN reports where it’s “which of the following phone numbers have you ever had?,” but no I’ve never needed to call in for verification on an app or with the credit bureaus. There’s no incorrect information on any of my reports (some accounts only show on 1 or 2 CRAs, and most AU accounts disappeared from my EQ reports about 18 months ago). I don’t believe the information can be self-reported to the CRAs. This is the only account I have ever had this kind of issue with.
Message 89 of 638
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:
I don’t believe the information can be self-reported to the CRAs. This is the only account I have ever had this kind of issue with.

It almost sounds like Comenity may have implemented new criteria.....killing all the "luv".  Hope not but coming from you this is very strange.

Message 90 of 638
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.