Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity CLI HP/SP Data Points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity CLI HP/SP Data Points

Any recommendations on how often you can request a CLI from Comenity? I’ve requested a few times and have been approved every time, except the last one. Last one was denied and they didn’t even soft pull. I have not received the 7-10 even though it’s been 3 weeks.  Comenity sends things pony express.

Ive only used this card only once in nearly a year. I’m not sure if that’s a factor.

Message 101 of 638
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems kind of scattershot. Check my post way up above (reply #1 to my original post) for the offbeat approval pattern I’ve had.
Message 102 of 638
Anonymous
Not applicable

5/9 Wayfair approval of $500 SL
5/15 when card arrived hit love button twice for $2K each time. $4,500 SL no HP’s

6/15 Kay Jewelers approval of $1,000 SL
6/20 called Robo Lady before Card even arrived, asked for $5K, instant approval. No HP
Message 103 of 638
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

6/15 Kay Jewelers approval of $1,000 SL
6/20 called Robo Lady before Card even arrived, asked for $5K, instant approval. No HP

Congrats!  That's impressive.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 104 of 638
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous   I know you know about my Good Sam Visa but wanted to add dp's to your thread. 

June 27, 2019 sp

Asked for last 4 ss#...SCT/pop-up

3 comenity accts.

Note: just found out last night that my EQ report was locked so I guess they checked TU (idk for sure, Mod cut - sorry, this cannot be discussed on the forums)  Can they soft pull on a locked EQ report?

Message 105 of 638
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t believe so - the only difference between HP and SP is the visibility of the HP to other lenders - data is the same. I’m pretty sure a locked report means not-gonna-get-anything.
Message 106 of 638
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lenders you have an existing account with can do SP reviews at any time, locked/frozen or not.
Message 107 of 638
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got another SP CLI on VS this morning, two months to the day from my last one. My usual $250 increase, to $2000. Updated reply #1 to include the latest increase. Comenity seems to be regular enough on my increases and so far zero HPs to get them.
Message 108 of 638
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Lenders you have an existing account with can do SP reviews at any time, locked/frozen or not.

What can Lenders get from a HP that they cannot get from a SP?  I'm trying to understand why citi Home Depot insists on a HP from me before allowing a cli request to be reviewed.  Idk my EQ was frozen, citi said they couldn't access my report so they could not give me an answer. I called EQ and sure nuff, It had a freeze, they could see where home depot tried to access but couldn't.  So I now have 2 denied cli's due to citi home depot saying they couldn't access my report.  This is all confusing.  If they can sp, review or whatever it just sounds like they want to penalize me for asking by hitting me with a HP.

Message 109 of 638
Anonymous
Not applicable

The information gotten from a SP is identical to that given from a HP. The only difference between them is that the HP leaves a footprint in the report that other lenders can see. Citi, being one of the more conservative banks, always does a HP like Chase when a customer requests an account adjustment. It leaves the bruise so other lenders will see that you tried to gain access to more money.
Message 110 of 638
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.