Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity CLI: How often?

tag
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Comenity CLI: How often?

Hi,

Can someone share with me the recommended timing to request CLIs  via the 'love' button a Comenity retail card? Does it differ for Comenity Majors?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Comenity CLI: How often?

@Aspireto850 wrote:

Hi,

Can someone share with me the recommended timing to request CLIs  via the 'love' button a Comenity retail card? Does it differ for Comenity Majors?

Thanks

Hi @Aspireto850 

I hold 3 Comenity cards, 2 store retails and 1 bankcard. It took 6 months for the MC and only recently saw a $800 bump from $1000 SL at the first. The 2 retails seem to be less than 3 months give or take some days if that helps. Could even be sooner with the retails. Others might have different time periods where they realize a SP CLI on their Comenity cards. Hope that helps.

Message 2 of 8
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

@CreditMagic7 

Thanks for that info. Were those increases automatic or did you hit the 'love' button?

Message 3 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Comenity V/MCs typically can be requested around ~6 months from opening, then usually every ~4 months afterwards.  There are instances where a V/MC can receive a CLI earlier than 6 months, but it's all profile driven.

The store versions can be all over the place, but can be requested earlier than ~4 months from account opening.  Some CLIs can be requested during account activation, but results will vary.

I recommend checking the following thread for further guidance on your Comenity CLI quests:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Comenity-CLI-HP-SP-Data-Points/td-p/553331...

Message 4 of 8
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Thanks @FinStar 

I was looking for that link but couldn't find it. 

Message 5 of 8
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

@CreditMagic7 

I was inspired by your post so said what the heck; you never know 'til you try. Logged into my Williams Sonoma account (opened late early February and statement just closed about 10 days ago.  I made 2 purchases right after opening and paid in full about a week later.

Hit the Heart button and they ask for updated income and then ........ VOILA; new CL $1750 from $500.  

Now that's what I'm talking about. I need this one to grow fast cuz Momma need a new pair of chairs! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Aspireto850 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 

I was inspired by your post so said what the heck; you never know 'til you try. Logged into my Williams Sonoma account (opened late early February and statement just closed about 10 days ago.  I made 2 purchases right after opening and paid in full about a week later.

Hit the Heart button and they ask for updated income and then ........ VOILA; new CL $1750 from $500.  

Now that's what I'm talking about. I need this one to grow fast cuz Momma need a new pair of chairs! Smiley Happy

@FinStar  is spot on. The Visa/MC seem to have a time period pretty accurate. I do know they SP and determine via FICO Score numbers too. So if you get a jump in score they easily often reward that too. The retails can jump out at you with a surprise you just wouldn't expect. They are for me the most interesting lender where you might miss a increase by a matter of a day or days. No way to gauge 'em. Best part of it is that even if the return is null there's no affect to your Score and you just try again later. Count on letters too. When it's not quite time yet for them to add for you, their letter will zoom to your mailbox in record time.

Message 7 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the CLI @Aspireto850.  Glad it worked out for you!

Locking this thread as you were approved for it.  Feel free to start a new thread in the Approvals section if you wish to share additional DPs on your CLI.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.