cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Victoria's Secrets CLI result a HP! Be careful.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity Victoria's Secrets CLI result a HP! Be careful.

First, I tried to do CLI for my VS card this past Monday, Sept 25 via Robolady and at the end the system transfer me to Live CSR and I just hung up.

Second, I tried it via LUV button and get the red banner 7-10 days on the screen.

Today, Sept 27 (2 days later), I got alert from Experian, Comenity/VS obtained a copy of your EXPERIAN Credit Report.

I dont know whats going on with Comenity SP CLI for store cards and robolady anymore. I bet I just wasted a HP for increase $300. I wont do that again.

Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 3.46.32 PM.png

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity Victoria's Secrets CLI result a HP! Be careful.

Yep.  Got Williams Sonoma store card via SCT for $400 which is useless for my spending since most of the items I've bought there over the years are $1000-$2000.  So I used it once, PIF, waited 3 months, CLI on website, HP 2 days later and denied CLI.

Won't be using that card anymore unless it's for a $5 to keep it reporting.  If they don't want to offer me more, I don't need to shop there.  Used to love WS but honestly they've raised their prices to the point that even with 30% F&F sales they're still too expensive.

Regret getting the card at all.  The 5% in "rewards" is pretty useless as you lose the extended warranty on bank cards AND you only get $25 when you spend $500 total.  Not a very good card for me.

None of Comenity's other cards interest me except for Barneys (where I buy almost all my clothes at) but not going to apply for it until 700 FICOs across the board.

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yikes.

I understand they CAN do a HP for CLI, but that doesn't mean they SHOULD

I wish they had an option that would deny you outright if they couldn't give you instant approval, and then a message saying, "We will need to do a hard pull on your credit report to determine whether or not we can give you a credit limit increase at this time. If you agree to this, click here."

That would be a lot more acceptable.

Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yikes.

I understand they CAN do a HP for CLI, but that doesn't mean they SHOULD

I wish they had an option that would deny you outright if they couldn't give you instant approval, and then a message saying, "We will need to do a hard pull on your credit report to determine whether or not we can give you a credit limit increase at this time. If you agree to this, click here."

That would be a lot more acceptable.

+1 Totally agreed with you.  So for everyone here consider want to request CLI on your VS card, please be aware, a HP maybe a result for your small CLI since VS card usually only give small increase between $150-500. Does it worth it? I dont think so.

Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the heads up and sorry for getting a HP, wont be asking for any more love from comenity any time soon.
Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

yikes thanks for the heads up!

just wanted to add though - i got my Gamestop card the regular way approx 2 years ago and they just gave me a CLI of $300 with a SP.. maybe theyre punishing us for the sct? haha

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

yikes thanks for the heads up!

just wanted to add though - i got my Gamestop card the regular way approx 2 years ago and they just gave me a CLI of $300 with a SP.. maybe theyre punishing us for the sct? haha

You are welcome. I got my VS card increase 2 months ago CLI $200 with a SP via Luv button but 30 days ago denied also with SP.  So I dont know whats going on. But it's heads up for everyone Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 26
elim
Senior Contributor

Hrmmmm... GF is about to hit the button, she better not. Thanks for the info and sorry about the HP  :[

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep.  Got Williams Sonoma store card via SCT for $400 which is useless for my spending since most of the items I've bought there over the years are $1000-$2000.  So I used it once, PIF, waited 3 months, CLI on website, HP 2 days later and denied CLI.

Won't be using that card anymore unless it's for a $5 to keep it reporting.  If they don't want to offer me more, I don't need to shop there.  Used to love WS but honestly they've raised their prices to the point that even with 30% F&F sales they're still too expensive.

Regret getting the card at all.  The 5% in "rewards" is pretty useless as you lose the extended warranty on bank cards AND you only get $25 when you spend $500 total.  Not a very good card for me.

None of Comenity's other cards interest me except for Barneys (where I buy almost all my clothes at) but not going to apply for it until 700 FICOs across the board.

+1 Yes, I got Hp 2 days later. My balance $0 on my VS card, PIF. 

Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

First, I tried to do CLI for my VS card this past Monday, Sept 25 via Robolady and at the end the system transfer me to Live CSR and I just hung up.

Second, I tried it via LUV button and get the red banner 7-10 days on the screen.

Today, Sept 27 (2 days later), I got alert from Experian, Comenity/VS obtained a copy of your EXPERIAN Credit Report.

I dont know whats going on with Comenity SP CLI for store cards and robolady anymore. I bet I just wasted a HP for increase $300. I wont do that again.

Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 3.46.32 PM.png

Question: When did you get the card vis SCT?

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.