cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Cards that pull only from TransUnion or Equifax?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Cards that pull only from TransUnion or Equifax?

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Citi loves Eq

Yeah but they almost always HP EQ and SP EX and if the EX score is substantially different they will then HP it.

The recon person when I was approved for my best buy card literally told me this as she was doing it (i was still approved either way, but that was a rather eye opening phone call)

Message 11 of 26
arkane
Established Contributor

@MrDisco99 wrote:
Citi and Chase double pulled EQ and EX for me in Georgia.

Chase double pulled EQ and EX even for the co-branded Amazon Prime card in California. Oh well at least I got a 9K SL, but too bad I can't say it's over 9000. Smiley Sad

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

But you CAN say "its over 8000" which is the correct translation

/neeeerrrrdddddd

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Citi loves Eq

Yeah but they almost always HP EQ and SP EX and if the EX score is substantially different they will then HP it.

The recon person when I was approved for my best buy card literally told me this as she was doing it (i was still approved either way, but that was a rather eye opening phone call)

This happened to me on a targeted pre-qualification for my Citi AAdvantage.  At the time of application my EQ was about 50 points higher than EX - solely attributable to inquiries - all other information was nearly identical.  Fortunately Citi didn't have any issues with my EX and I got a higher than expected SL.

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

State Farm Bank is TU.

Chase attempted to pull EQ on me but it's on lock...and I don't remember the pin.

Message 15 of 26
marty56
Super Contributor

RBFCU - TU for everything.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 16 of 26
Benzman
Frequent Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

US Bank pulls TU

They have always pulled EX on me, whether new app or CLI, plus they also pull ARS & Sage Stream (these two compile ALL inquiries from the three bureaus and merge into one for their info). ARS, an arm of VISA, matches your phone number to inquiries as to how many cards you have applied for.    Was told that from speaking to an underwriter.

Basically, even though they only pull one major, they still know what's showing on the others.

Amex CM 10K | Amex ED 10K | Amex BCE 7.5K | 5/3RD SU2C 10K | 5/3RD SU2C 6.5K | Barclays Cash 6K | Barclay AARP 3.5K | Bread AMEX 14K | Bread NFL 7.5K | Citizens Cash 8K | Citizens Clear 2.5K | Citi® DP 11.3K | Citi® Simplicity 9.4K | Citi® TY 6.5K | Citi® DC 4K | Citi CuC 3.4K | Cap One QS 14.6K | Cap One WM MC 11K | Discover It 19.5K | Discover Miles 13.5K | BOA Cash 13.2K | BOA 7K | US Bank State Farm Visa 4K | US Bank AMEX 22.5K | US Bank Plat 16.5K | US Bank Cash 11.2K | FNBO Rewards 20K | FNBO Evergreen 11.3K | Huntington Rewards 1.4K | Huntington Voice 10,750K | Huntington Voice Rewards 11K | PF|CP Rewards 8.2K | PF|CP Gold 3.2K | PNC Cash 15K | PNC Core 15K | PNC Points 8K | Fidelity 15K | Wells Active 12K | Wells Reflect 10K | Target MC 12.5K | TD Cash 4.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Synch Premier MC 11.6K | Ebay MC 10K | Apple Card 6K | Deserve Digital 6K | Simon AMEX 6K | Chase Amazon 1.5K | F8 Scores 6/24 EX789; TU781; EQ792.
Message 17 of 26
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

I live in VA.  Applied for a Discover IT the other day.  They pulled EQ.

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 18 of 26
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

This is good to know.  I'm debating between Discover and AMEX and I live in VA too.  Appreciate the info!

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 19 of 26
arkane
Established Contributor

I live in CA and Discover pulled EQ as well

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.