Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditOne CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditOne CLI

A few weeks ago I threatened to leave CreditOne and they waived my annual fee.  So I figured what the hell, I'll ask for a CLI using the automated number.  I use the card only for Netflix each month and pay it immediately, so it stays at $0.  They denied me (which seemed really odd ... my 640 EX Fico isn't anything great, but it might be close to a CreditOne world record, I assumed.)  I checked their online doc ... it listed an EX score from 6 weeks ago that was 100 points lower.  First off, that must be FAKO, but second ... really CreditOne, you can't even soft pull a more recent score? Oh and also, they list credit scores as a feature of the card, but mine never show up on the website.  Aren't they required by law to deliver on advertised features?  (Fishing for a reason to contact the CFPB on them.)

I know, it's the world's worst card and none of this is new ... but I just wanted to share for additional color before my eventual bonfire.  At least they waived my annual fee.  I would try to talk to one of their "friendly" Sri Lankan customer service reps about the score, but I'm not going to waste a hard pull on CreditOne.  (Especially since I'd likely get one of their breathless $100 CLI for a $30 fee offers.)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
northface28
Established Contributor

Re: CreditOne CLI

A 100 pt spread is pretty significant, even for a FAKO. Id close this CreditOne "product" and get a secured card at a real bank.

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't actually need a secured card -- I have four other cards from reputable vendors (Discover, two Cap Ones, and my CU.)  I keep CreditOne just to keep my util down ... I'll close it as soon as they require me to pay an annual fee, or any fee for that matter.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using creditone to keep util down?

Your credit limit can't be more than 500-1500? Am I correct?

I destroyed my CreditOne card last week and it felt great! You should do the same and get away from these scam artists. After account was paid in full, I noticed they slipped in a $1.82 charge with an actual due date, had I taken the CSR word for it that it was indeed $0 balance and closed for sure, I would've been screwed with a 'late payment'.

Just be VERY careful with them...

Message 4 of 6
Erusidhion
Frequent Contributor

Everyone has to start somewhere to rebuild their credit, build a thick file from a previously thin file. This card is certainly NOT the worst card of the bunch to do it with. First Premier/Merrick/Total Visa/Verve/First Savings MasterCard and a few others ones have an Annual Fee + Setup Fee + Monthly Membership Fee. I am not sure what terms you got signing up for Credit One but I just received a $45.00 annual fee. I guess it will depend on the customer what they're offered. The only other card like Credit One, Annual Fee only; that I could find for rebuilding has been the Milestone Gold MasterCard. Besides Secured Cards, I've been unable to find another card like these two.

Good luck in your credit journey! It will be all worth it in the end as long as you stick to your goals and stay out of debt you cannot repay! I would just wait for an automatic CLI from Credit One honestly. They do happen.

EQ 654 -- 43 Inquiries
TU 695 -- 54 Inquiries
EX 668 -- 50 Inquiries

Utilization: 9% AAoA: 20 months Total History: 3Y
Updated: 08/04/2017 Premier 3B
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My CL is $700, but all of my cards have low CLs:

Both CapOne are $850
CreditOne $700
Discover $500
USA One CU $500

So carrying zero balance on Credit One has an impact now. When it doesn't or when I'm next asked to pay a fee, I'm done with it.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.