Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU asking for Social Security Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU asking for Social Security Card

Filled out app and then asked to provide social sec card. What a joke. Who the hell has a SSC??? what is this 1984? Havent been asked for one in decades. Told her to dithc my app as I already have chase, nFCU and bofa and never asked for it. Good riddance.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: DCU asking for Social Security Card

@Anonymous wrote:

Filled out app and then asked to provide social sec card. What a joke. Who the hell has a SSC??? what is this 1984? Havent been asked for one in decades. Told her to dithc my app as I already have chase, nFCU and bofa and never asked for it. Good riddance.

That would be just about everybody 

Message 2 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I do
Message 3 of 22
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

That's not an unusual request.
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here you go, Ray. Now be a good fella and order yourself a dupe, never know when it'll come in handy. 

Message 5 of 22
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

I do.. Both my sons do..

Many employers MUST have a copy of this on file when you're hired.. 

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny that DCU online membership application form doesn't ask for social security card, just social security number.  Of course, they also ask for a copy of government-issued ID/Driver's license but that's to comply with the requirements of the Patriot Act.

Another reason not to call the bank, unless its absolutely necessary.

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry but asking for POI sscard proof of residence and license is overkill. NFCU was none of the above, even the 25k SL for NFCU was nada. Chase none of the above. So all that just to get a checking acct? Ridiculous. 

Message 8 of 22
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry but asking for POI sscard proof of residence and license is overkill. NFCU was none of the above, even the 25k SL for NFCU was nada. Chase none of the above. So all that just to get a checking acct? Ridiculous. 

I have a low interest rate DCU Visa, two car loans one at 1.49% 65 months and the other at 1.74% for 65 months through DCU in addition to a direct deposit checking account. DCU did not ask for a SS card but had they I would have sent a copy, and mine is really really old. I'm also a member of NFCU with a whole bunch of credit products through NFCU, but the car loans were "cheaper" through DCU and all of my Navy credit cards carry a higher apr than DCU. 

Every lender varies and if they (DCU) don't fit your standards - I agree with you, walk away. Personally, I really don't like AmEx (long story) and I'll never do business with Comenity or Barclays - USBank won't do business with me, I have no idea why.

Lots of fish in the pond Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 22
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

DCU asked for ID and SS card from me when I applied.  I know it may seem a bit intrusive to you OP but the beauty of it all is that you don't have to comply and can seek credit elsewhere.  Each lender has their own requirements.  If you read around the forum you'll find a scenario where just about every lender has at some point request proof of income or identify from someone.  It seems as of late that DCU requires it from just about everyone.  But at the end of the day, it's their money and their rules.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.