Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DENIED cli from NFCU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DENIED cli from NFCU

I opened a second NFCU card (Flagship) on 1/1/2017. The starting limit was $12,500. I've always left a UTIL of less than 5%. Never late on payments. I waited 90 days+, 4 statements and was denied yesterday. Nothing negative has occurred on my Credit since the opening of the card. Any insight on why I could have been DENIED? Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DENIED cli from NFCU

What's your overall utilization across all cards?  What's your highest utilization on any one card?  How many inquiries showing?  What's your DTI?

Message 2 of 5
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I opened a second NFCU card (Flagship) on 1/1/2017. The starting limit was $12,500. I've always left a UTIL of less than 5%. Never late on payments. I waited 90 days+, 4 statements and was denied yesterday. Nothing negative has occurred on my Credit since the opening of the card. Any insight on why I could have been DENIED? Thanks.

Potentially they are at their "max" point on credit for you until you have a little more history with them? Looks to me like that have extended $22,500 total to you which is pretty good.

I would just be patient and give it another shot in 6 months or so. Just my opinion...  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 3 of 5
BIGSTARXXX1
Valued Member

your scores are a bit low ...though NFCU does love folks with scores in the low/mid 600's, you probably reached your max esposure as someone noted

btw, my Fico's are in the upper 700's (TU = 777), and I have an NFCU card with a 1K limit, so CL's with NFCU don;t always make a lot of sense

Message 4 of 5
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

It's almost likely your at max exposure for the time , just give it some more time and history
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.