Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Skymiles CLI Question

tag
drboxing
Established Contributor

Delta Skymiles CLI Question

Anyone recently approved for the Delta Skymiles card with a small limit but was able to get a CLI 60-90 days after their initial approval? Appreciate any info

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Re: Delta Skymiles CLI Question

You should be able to get a 3X CLI after 61 days.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrDisco99 wrote:

You should be able to get a 3X CLI after 61 days.

+1

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@drboxing wrote:
Anyone recently approved for the Delta Skymiles card with a small limit but was able to get a CLI 60-90 days after their initial approval? Appreciate any info

I was approved with a 1k SL. August 1st was my 61 days. I requested a CLI and was denied.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last Nov, I got ED @500.  Past Jan, Delta @1000.  In Apr  Delta CL became 3000.   Last Month, applied BCP and received 10000 CL..  Tested spending power a week ago, 35000 allowed.

I assume they consider spending pattern and income.  But I only used / spent responsibly, never crazy.

Message 5 of 11
drboxing
Established Contributor

Thanks for your in put, so less than a year you were able to get CLI and other Amex cards as well

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@drboxing wrote:
Thanks for your in put, so less than a year you were able to get CLI and other Amex cards as well

One other facor, which might be irrevant, is I burned Amex big in early 1990s.  I forgot... disappearted from credit scene for like 20 years.  Last year I started back.  The card shows member since 80s, which reminded me what happened.

However, I am not sure it is a contributing factor for giving me credits again.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had mine for 55 days, with a $1000 SL.  The "increase CL" button came up on the mobile app at day 51, which seemed weird, but I figured I'd try it.  Cameback "call us".  The nice lady at the call center said it was too early, try again on day 61.  She even told me the exact date.  I'll be curious to see what they say about a CLI, especially given that I got a BCE 2 weeks ago.

I have run about $2500 through the Delta card since I got it, making PIF payments every 2 weeks, hopefully they like my spending & paying habits...we shall see.  I haven't used the BCE yet, I meant to use it at Kroger's over the weekend but forgot to take it with me.

Message 8 of 11
drboxing
Established Contributor

Amex didn't mind that you PIF every 2 weeks? Do u have any of the charge cards?

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX had no issue with multiple payments, and I pulled all of them through from AMEX's end.  I have never had a charge card in my life, I don't see the point.  Thirty years ago, I wanted an AMEX charge card in the worst way, but that would have been a disaster at that stage in my life.  This and the BCE are my first forays into the world of AMEX and so far I've been very happy with their service and billing.  If the cards grow with me, I'll remain happy. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.