Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Orbitz😢

tag
tpdtopcop
Regular Contributor

Denied Orbitz😢

Applied for the Orbitz card and got the 7-10 day deal. They pulled EQ in which I have a 779. I received a letter for denial due to my sagestream being bad. Why would they pull EQ then this Sagestream? I thought Comenity pulled EQ? Also I tried the pre qualify for the IKEA but they state I could not be pre qualified but could still apply for visa. I had my exp and tu locked with EQ unfrozen so more than likely they were trying to SP one of the locked ones?
Current Scores

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Denied Orbitz😢

For me the Ikea prequal is a soft pull on Experian. I find some lenders cannot soft pull a locked report. Comenity rejects my soft pull CLI if they need to access my reports. They don't always need to though. I have received several CLI and they use the account review soft pull from the previous period. 

Message 2 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, unfortunately this is typically the outcome for a variety of Comenity/CCB majors. That, plus Orbitz is one of their toughest CCs to obtain. If you freeze your CRs in the hopes of gaming their standard operating process, it will likely end up failing. If applying for any of their cards, leave CRs thawed.

So, yes they usually pull EX or EQ as primary and SP either or as secondary + Sagestream.
Message 3 of 18
tpdtopcop
Regular Contributor

Thanks for reply. I did not know cominity pulled a report plus sage stream
Current Scores

Message 4 of 18
tpdtopcop
Regular Contributor

Any Comenity CC's that pull Eq with no SP or sagestream secondary?
Current Scores

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information. I have my sagestream frozen so I guess I’ll pass on this one. Too bad since I have zero inquiries on EQ.
Message 6 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Most likely denial is they HP either Exp or EQ and then SP either Exp or EQ being the one they didn't HP... Since you had Exp frozen most likely they went to look at sagestream, but whatever is bad on that got you..  I have all 3rd part CRAs on ice and never had a problem being Sagestream, ARS/IDA, etc...  I always leave Eq/Exp/TU though unfrozen during app process and never been denied a card for sagestream and have had many comenity cards in the past and just currently one major being the WS Visa signature.  If you ever go for them in the future leave all three of your majors at least unfroozen as mentioned they will hp one and sp another that is how alliance data works....

Curious what is bad on your Sagestream report???

Message 7 of 18
tpdtopcop
Regular Contributor

Have a BK 13 still showing!
Current Scores

Message 8 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Comenity isnt known to give out majors either with bks persay

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tpdtopcop wrote:
Have a BK 13 still showing!

When was your BK? Wondering how long they are reported on sagestream. 

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.