Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for Amazon Visa even after recon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Denied for Amazon Visa even after recon

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Their loss, now go get the Synchrony version and get a nice usable limit with room to growSmiley Happy

Not a bad idea actually. The special financing perk is very tempting

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Except that in this case with Chase, there’s potentially the Ritz and Sapphire to lose. Every recon call is an invitation for manual review. Also, Barclays reports within a few business days.

If they’ve already noted you’ve shown credit seeking behavior and a new card shows up on a soft pull (who knows whether they’d do one) alongside 4 new inquires, I doubt they’d approve another one. 0 to 10 in 24 months fits bust out score profile.

Good luck and Godspeed , if you do call in for recon. If you don’t, still, good luck and Godspeed. I’ve always admired your card portfolio and the quickness in which it was attained. You seem to go for solid benefit cards. Kudos.
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait.... You had 10 new accounts that showed on you credit history when you spoke with Chase recon... and... you have three more from the 11th? Thirteen not ten?

I would not HUCA. Many ppl are posting that after they get a new Chase card, older Chase cards are being closed. You have a CSP? I would not HUCA the AmazonPrime. Not chance geting a review and losing the CSP.

@Anonymous wrote:
You may be on to something. I will call again tomorrow. I did apply for 4 credit cards on the 11th. Chase was the only one who declined me. They'll probably not approve me after those new accounts report.

Message 13 of 21
arkane
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Except that in this case with Chase, there’s potentially the Ritz and Sapphire to lose. Every recon call is an invitation for manual review. Also, Barclays reports within a few business days.

If they’ve already noted you’ve shown credit seeking behavior and a new card shows up on a soft pull (who knows whether they’d do one) alongside 4 new inquires, I doubt they’d approve another one. 0 to 10 in 24 months fits bust out score profile.

Good luck and Godspeed , if you do call in for recon. If you don’t, still, good luck and Godspeed. I’ve always admired your card portfolio and the quickness in which it was attained. You seem to go for solid benefit cards. Kudos.

I agree, the limits on OP's CSP and Ritz-Carlton show that Chase approved OP for the bare minimum SL, so I think that's a clear sign Chase doesn't have too much faith in OP just yet.  I'd try again in 6 months time instead of keep trying to recon, because at this point I've a feeling even if you get approved, they'll throw you a useles $500 limit. 

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@patoot10 wrote:

Sorry about your denial. All lenders are getting tough with recent accounts and inquires. Except for Amex and Discover.

I have a question. You mentioned that you were able to recon the Uber denial. Can you wake us through the recon converstation?

What did they ask you and how did you answer because I know that Barclays asks specific questions related to denial reasons.

Thanks,

My initial denial with Barclay was strange because the system didn't even run my credit report. It just flat denied. When I called he ran my credit report and asked me about my job. He approved me for $2.5k. 

I just always assumed Chase has different lending criteria for there Amazon Visa. So I find it surprising that they were more new account sensitive than even Barclay. I'll call again tomorrow and offer to close my Ritz-Carlton. 

I wrote my above prior to seeing this. You guys work fast. Lol. That’s a pretty solid plan, actually. But I’d still be weary. 

They denied me in December for essentially the exact same reasons they originally denied you. I had 0 activity and then from April 2017 until December 2017, I accumulated 8 or 9 cards. I was fresh off a super easy recon call with Barclays and then WHAM the super mean lady at Chase picked up the phone for my recon.  She honestly gave me the third degree. I gave up. 

In March, I applied for the US Bank Altitude card and was denied for too many inquires/too many new accounts. There was some recent success with recon around these parts but I didn’t even try. I had flashbacks of the terrible recon call with Chase and decided to just burn the HP.  

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@4theLoveofPoints

I feel your pain man. 

I recall reading someone here having success with recon. I think they had around 120 hard inquiries. Pretty sure it was US Bank and USAA.  

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied on the 11th and was immediately declined for too many new accounts and inquiries.

I called this morning and explained I had no prior credit history and wanted to start building. But the credit analyst mentioned I have more than ten new accounts opened in the past twenty four months.

She thoroughly went through my application and took her time. In the end she said she was not able to approve me. Is all hope lost?

I was also declined for the Uber credit card but was approved through recon

FICO scores are 740s with 3% Utilization. But my credit history is under 2 years

Hold up a second. I'm confused here. You told the rep that you have no prior history but your credit report that they looked at, as well as your sig line, contradict that. What is the actual story here?

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had no prior credit history before my "new accounts" (Oldest card is from May of last year)
Message 18 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

So it sounds like the original declined decision stands? Not sure they'd be able to overturn based on the reasons cited and the information you've already shared.
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:
So it sounds like the original declined decision stands? Not sure they'd be able to overturn based on the reasons cited and the information you've already shared.

Something is certainly funky in Denmark. For what it's worth I've opened more than 10 accounts in the last 24 months and I was instantly approved for the Chase Amazon Visa.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.