Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed denial question

tag
justanotherquestion
Contributor

PenFed denial question

Apllied for a penfed card and saw the denial was for garnishment suit repo and something else listed. I have nothing on my report that is negative what does this mean?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

Re: Pended denial question

When is the last time you pulled a full 3B FICO report?  

Message 2 of 13
justanotherquestion
Contributor

2 days ago all were clean
Message 3 of 13
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

Phone call time...

If PenFed sees something that's not listed in your reports I'd suggest making sure they have the right 'you' and call them. 

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was denied by PenFed recently.  But the reason was that of my fico 9 score was below the guideline along with too many recent new accounts opened.  OP, check your fico 9 score also to make sure it's above 640 or 650, I forgot.  If it is above the requirement, call them up.  Good luck

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't had PenFed credit in a decade, but I believe PenFed pulls LexisNexis for verification/ID questions.  If so, they're also seeing anything on your LexisNexis credit report.

Many folks freeze LN permanently (it causes some verification issues with CUs like PenFed but you can get over that manually).

I'd suggest you (and everyone) request your LN reports (all of them) and then freeze any you don't want pulled in the future.  

Message 6 of 13
justanotherquestion
Contributor

The message from them states fico 676
Declined- suit garnishment foreclosure repo

What gives ive never had any of that ever and sure isnt on my reports today
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just remember something.  When I applied for PenFed, I failed my identity verification using public record and had to call in.  The rep used my info on the credit report to verify my identity before denying my app.  Following another member's advise, I recently ordered a copy of my public record from Lexis Nexis.  I'm planning to order one from Innovis next week.  I did not know we are allowed to free our public record.  If I request for a freeze with Lexis Nexis, will it cause more trouble for me down the line when I app for new credit cards? 

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@justanotherquestion wrote:
The message from them states fico 676
Declined- suit garnishment foreclosure repo

What gives ive never had any of that ever and sure isnt on my reports today

Have you called them yet?

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Got denied by PenFed today too
They said my income wasn't high enough and I'm grossing 95k. They also said my balances were too high when I have 6% UTI. My Equifax FICO is 717. I have perfect payment history on four or five cards best two years
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.