Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club Spouse Info

tag
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Diners Club Spouse Info

I noticed on the application it mentions if you live in a community property state to provide your spouse's information (I live in CA). Out of curiosity what happens if you indicate that you're married and leave that info blank? Do they actually pull your spouse's credit also? Anyone have experience with this? I'm not a fan of that policy. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

Re: Diners Club Spouse Info

From the few threads ive seen on diners so far.. the people that entered spouse info reported that reports were not pulled on spouse

outta the garden.. for a house Smiley Very Happybr>Current score - eq 682(myfico) ex 703(ex 02) Tr 701 (tr 04) ck fako 66)
In the wallet - freedom 6k - Marriot 16.3k - Ak Airlines 25k - Bass pro MC (BofA) 12.5k - Amex SPG 18k - Amex Everday 11.7k - Amex BC 1K - Barclay Rewards 4k Newegg preferred 2.4k - Cabelas 2k - Diners Club Elite 15k -Diners Club Premier 15k - CU1 15K -Blue Nile 15k - Lowes 17k... HD 10k
Message 2 of 11
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@ak_7vytr0 wrote:

From the few threads ive seen on diners so far.. the people that entered spouse info reported that reports were not pulled on spouse

Do you know if the explicitly stated not even a SP?

Message 3 of 11
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

Dont recall if they said not even a soft pull

outta the garden.. for a house Smiley Very Happybr>Current score - eq 682(myfico) ex 703(ex 02) Tr 701 (tr 04) ck fako 66)
In the wallet - freedom 6k - Marriot 16.3k - Ak Airlines 25k - Bass pro MC (BofA) 12.5k - Amex SPG 18k - Amex Everday 11.7k - Amex BC 1K - Barclay Rewards 4k Newegg preferred 2.4k - Cabelas 2k - Diners Club Elite 15k -Diners Club Premier 15k - CU1 15K -Blue Nile 15k - Lowes 17k... HD 10k
Message 4 of 11
aav
Established Contributor

I live in tx and app'd forDC last week. I called before applying. The rep said his info was purely informational and required by state law.. Seemed strange for me as we always apply separately. Hubby is going to app soon. I wonder if his info may be on file when he does. No hp was pulled - don't know if an sp was pulled. He doesn't subscribe to any paid services.

EQ - 834 TU - 823 EX - 822
Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 22,500 Discover 25,100, Chase Reserve -31,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000 Citi Diamond P 8,900
Message 5 of 11
rlx01
Established Contributor

This is yet another poorly implemented thing by Diners.

The state law thing is BS -- if that was the case why doesn't any other card issuer ask for those details?

Anyway, they don't SP the spouse. They have, however, issued AU cards for the spouse on a seemingly random basis. On the Elite that adds another $150.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rlx01 wrote:
This is yet another poorly implemented thing by Diners.

The state law thing is BS -- if that was the case why doesn't any other card issuer ask for those details?

Anyway, they don't SP the spouse. They have, however, issued AU cards for the spouse on a seemingly random basis. On the Elite that adds another $150.

They asked for this as well and didn't pull wife's credit. Lol.

IDC about an AU card as I did not specifically ask for one Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

Had no pulls on my DW as a result like others have said.

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 8 of 11
dilettante
Established Contributor

I live in a community property state and listed all spouse's info and no HP was pulled from his CR.

Since I'm a SAHM who hasn't had an official employer in a long time and since I'm the one who decides which cc's to use and applies for cc's, I've had lots of experiences with different banks and can say Diner's is the only one who has asked so much detail about spouse on an initial app.  Barclay's was the only other bank that asked details (husband's employer, how long at job, etc) but that was after I called when the app for the Arrival+ went into pending status. DH's credit report was not pulled for that one either.

I was approved for the Diners with a 50k CL (probably due to my 800+ credit score and high HHI), i didn't ask for an AU card and none has been issued.

Message 9 of 11
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone for the information. Too bad I'm supposed to be in the "garden" =\

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.