CH7 discharged 11/15
1/16 scores in 500's
3B as of 5/17 EQ660, TU660, EX657
Discover It $3600, Cap One QS $2700, Cap One Plat $3000
Message 21 of 431
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover 2nd ( second) card app thread

1st card is an IT with cashback and 14 months 0%  (24% after) opened on 2/28/17. $3,000 SL, currently at $4,500. TU: about 630

2nd card is a Chrome with cashback and 14 months 0% (19% after) opened 3/7/18. $2,000 SL TU: 736

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 22 of 431
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Excellent data points guys Smiley Happy
Message 23 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice Disco score card so far only lost 3 points but it should go back up... and of course I need to let my accounts age.

scores.png

Message 24 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

1st Discover IT opened 11/2017 with a 4500 starting limit (currently at 14,000) with dbl cash back for first 12months and 0% interest for 12mos on purchases. TU at the time was 660 or so (at the time this was my 3rd card post BK7)

2nd Discover IT approved today, prequalifier on Discovers website says I was pre-approved so I apped. Instant approval w a $10,200 starting limit, dbl cash back for 13 months and 14 months for %0 purchases. TU today per MyFico is 676. Strangely I haven't got a hard inquiry alert yet from my MyFico app or Capital Ones Creditwise thing yet.
Message 25 of 431
jlitnns
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCreditwrote:
Hey guys, im not sure if this thread will stick but i figured id give it a try to create a thread only related for those looking to app a second Discover card, most likely the It card but since their selection isnt that big other cards could be included.

Though their is another Discover unofficial data point thread, i want this one to be more focused for those considering apping a second Discover card so they can see data points from those of us who have experiencd this. Please include , if you remember, your Fico score when applied, and any pertinent info like previous credit limit, any promos offered with app like 0% apr, bt offers etc.

If this doesnt last or gets merged i understand but hopwfully the few of us who have closed our first Discover cards and reapped can shed light to those thinking of doing soSmiley Happy Thanks everyone, ill begin......

This is a great thread AJC! Thanks for starting it. I recently stumbled upon the Disco 2nd card and have really been anxious. I got my first IT card last June, SL was $5500, currently at $7500 but haven't had any luck since December. I've been thinking of a second card in June/July when I hit my year mark.

I'll be following this for the coming months! Thanks everyone.

Robot Very Happy

Message 26 of 431
rprisco
Regular Contributor

Add me to the list.
April 16, 2017 pulled Eq. 618 fico, first statement with TU 598 secured card 200sl, bumped it 500. On month 7 graduated TU fico 624 with cli $2500. Last month auto cli to $3100 TU fico now 698.

Today, knowing I should not, I did anyway, prequals for all cards, chose it, 14mo BT. Approved HP EQ 30 inquiries Fico 774 SL $5000.

I have 14 new accounts in last year reporting, youngest is 2 MO Amex, most will be a year in May and June. 0% util.
Hope this helps.
Current Scores as of 8/18/17 all FICO 8 EQ: 695 EX: 673 *fico2 699 TU:645 bio has more.
Message 27 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the one year mark the soonest you can get a second Disco? I didn't intend on actually applying, but did the pre-qualify just to see if they would offer anything. I got a message they had none due to the length of time I've had my account. Opened my IT card May 2017.

Message 28 of 431
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Is the one year mark the soonest you can get a second Disco? I didn't intend on actually applying, but did the pre-qualify just to see if they would offer anything. I got a message they had none due to the length of time I've had my account. Opened my IT card May 2017.

Yes you need to have your Disco account/card open for at least a year before they will let you have a second card...

Otherwise they will decline you if you attempt a second card too early... Similar to 5/24 its a hard rule .. yet to see someone bypass it...

Id wait until the May statement generates and then try a prequal.

-J

-J

Message 29 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot, but do they HP for a second card?

Message 30 of 431
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.