Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover 2nd (second) card app thread

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Discover Miles Pre-Approved Question

@Anonymous wrote:
I tried a prequal right after my one year anniversary in July and was told “no soup” - they had nothing to offer. Looked again this past week and had prequals waiting. Snapped up a Chrome this time for the gas reward, as my only gas perks are during the rotating Disco IT category.

Congrats!  When it's your second card do you still have to call in and/or send in a pic. of ID?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 351 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I tried a prequal right after my one year anniversary in July and was told “no soup” - they had nothing to offer. Looked again this past week and had prequals waiting. Snapped up a Chrome this time for the gas reward, as my only gas perks are during the rotating Disco IT category.

Congrats!  When it's your second card do you still have to call in and/or send in a pic. of ID?

They didn't require this from me either time. Both of my approvals were instant with no verification. 

Message 352 of 431
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They didn't require this from me either time. Both of my approvals were instant with no verification. 

Lucky Duck....ppl hate me and don't trust me I guess.Smiley LOL

Message 353 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Lucky Duck....ppl hate me and don't trust me I guess.Smiley LOL

I have a pretty stable profile. I have lived at my current address since 2016, the two prior were two units in the same apartment complex going back to 2012, I had one phone number from 2004 to 2018 that I used for all my credit accounts until Sync locked me out of my Amazon account this year and I added my actual cell number to all new accounts, and I have a seriously thick file thanks to how many times my student loans got transferred around. All of these things probably help a lot. The only institutions that gave me verification hassles are credit unions (although oddly NFCU didn't even ask me for proof of address or any ID) and Bank of the West. 

Message 354 of 431
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

See that's why I said "hate"....I've been at the same address 25 yrs., same job as well. Phone number I picked out before my first born, 1994 and still. (prove yo'self)    But that's why I asked, maybe when it comes time I'll sail through the second attempt/process. (Edit to add: )  and my file is as thick as my belly. Smiley Tongue

But again, good luck to you OP and when you do app would love to hear back.  I might just wait to see how you do before I give it a try.  GL!

Message 355 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

See that's why I said "hate"....I've been at the same address 25 yrs., same job as well. Phone number I picked out before my first born, 1994 and still. (prove yo'self)    But that's why I asked, maybe when it comes time I'll sail through the second attempt/process. (Edit to add: )  and my file is as thick as my belly. Smiley Tongue

But again, good luck to you OP and when you do app would love to hear back.  I might just wait to see how you do before I give it a try.  GL!

Hmm I dunno then. Have you ever had a fraud alert or anything like that? I have heard those can cause problems long after they are gone. 

Oh well, sorry for the derail 😂 

Message 356 of 431
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm I dunno then. Have you ever had a fraud alert or anything like that? I have heard those can cause problems long after they are gone. 

Oh well, sorry for the derail 😂 

Only if Discover ever used Factor Trust...then the answer is yes.  I have had a FA put in place but that's new.  Yeah, I'm sorry for the derail too OP, but we do learn stuff this way. (or maybe it's just me, idk)

Message 357 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve had a secured Discover IT card since May of last year.  We had a ch7 BK discharged a month prior and we were starting over.  We’ve rebuilt our credit nicely since and my latest approval last month was with NFCU with a 5K SL.  My Discover still has yet to graduate even with all scores in the mid 600s.  They can’t tell me why either.   We always pay the statement balance ever since I got it.   I tried for a preapproval for a 2nd Discover and they had two for me; another IT and a Chrome.  The rate was a solid 24% but I didn’t go through with it as I’d really rather mine graduate.  

Anyone else experience this with Discover?

Message 358 of 431
gjean78
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I’ve had a secured Discover IT card since May of last year.  We had a ch7 BK discharged a month prior and we were starting over.  We’ve rebuilt our credit nicely since and my latest approval last month was with NFCU with a 5K SL.  My Discover still has yet to graduate even with all scores in the mid 600s.  They can’t tell me why either.   We always pay the statement balance ever since I got it.   I tried for a preapproval for a 2nd Discover and they had two for me; another IT and a Chrome.  The rate was a solid 24% but I didn’t go through with it as I’d really rather mine graduate.  

Anyone else experience this with Discover?

I had a discover secured card in November of last year, so I used it responsibility it graduated at the 7th statement date. now my credit limit is 2000 with them. so back when mine graduated my score were 633. I had 2 CO from 2013, 2 default student loans from 2013 also. 

Message 359 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

We’ve used ours responsibly too. We always pay the statement balance every month and even have had their CSRs tell me how great we’ve been with it and how they don’t understand either why it hasn’t graduated yet.
Message 360 of 431
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.