Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover 2nd (second) card app thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover 2nd (second) card app thread

No you don’t. Only cards that you own count. You can become an AU at breakfast and app for your own before lunch.
Message 371 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did this for gas I maxed out first card I got may 18, then got second card may 2019. Maxed out, plan on doing again next year for second card. Have 45 days for second quarter of 2020 to Max. Still have gc worrth 450, and travel all the time
Message 372 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had it twice now, I would say third time is the charm?
Message 373 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woo hoo! Maxed out PayPal/restaurant quarter. PayPal is off and on about letting one send money...
Message 374 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had previously reallocated half of my limit from my first card (Chrome) to my second (Chrome It). After the 1st year I didn't find value in the Chrome.

Today, I was able to get a CLI available on both cards. Called in, got the CLI's applied, then reallocated my Chrome limit to my It after closing the Chrome. It only took about 10 min. Now almost $50k CL. They said I could open a new card at any time.
Looking forward to opening another Chrome this month to max out Q4 twice! Discover is awesome!
Message 375 of 431
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Awesome job @Anonymous Smiley Happy.
Message 376 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, AJC!
I still messed up, lol! They failed to mention it only transfers the CL, not the balance. So now I have an open balance on my closed card instead of on my open card, which has a low balance. Yikes! At least I can still pay it off over time it seems (or do a BT), but I have no idea how it's going to report. 😬
Message 377 of 431
FishingGuy
Frequent Contributor

OK So here's a another question for those out there in Fico land......

Have had a Discover It card,  (started as secured, graduated at 6 months) a bit short of two years, had a few CLI's since
and the last CLI a few days short of 60 days ago....
If I apply for 2nd card (Miles).... does it matter that the last CLI was less than 2 months ago? (or not at all)

Also, is it better to call in and request the 2nd card via Customer Service (soft pull, if I do?) or apply on line (is that a hard pul) ?
Any thoughts, suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated.

Message 378 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FishingGuy wrote:

OK So here's a another question for those out there in Fico land......

Have had a Discover It card,  (started as secured, graduated at 6 months) a bit short of two years, had a few CLI's since
and the last CLI a few days short of 60 days ago....
If I apply for 2nd card (Miles).... does it matter that the last CLI was less than 2 months ago? (or not at all)

Also, is it better to call in and request the 2nd card via Customer Service (soft pull, if I do?) or apply on line (is that a hard pul) ?
Any thoughts, suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated.

@FishingGuy   I have had 2 second cards, and IME, a CLI doesn't bother the new card.   I got a CLI on the original card, and then apped the second card and got almost the same SL as the CL of the first card i'd had for a year.     I'm sure it's EX profile driven too, so YMMV, but if you show a pre-approval on the site, you should be good to go with it. 

Message 379 of 431
FishingGuy
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Jago,

Silly question, do I look for a pre-approval on the Discover site prior to logging in? Or once I log into my on-line account ( i couldn't see where to app for it there ) Exp is abut 770 now,  which is substantially higher than when the original card was approved....is that a better way to go than calling in & speaking with a rep? (they are usually very helpful) ...and I can charm them a bit    :-)   lol

Message 380 of 431
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.