Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover 2nd (second) card app thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover 2nd (second) card app thread

I have a secured disco for 14 months. No grad. Finally cleared up my report and jumped about 100 points . Hope to get it unsecured. I already got a uber Visa, PayPal mc, Amazon store card and qs1.

The only thing is my wife just got a card and put me as an AU and I dont know if that counts as a 2nd card.

I did the pre qualify and it said I had to many discover accounts
Message 241 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have many inquiries. 3 on EX, 2 on TU, 1 EQ. All over a year old except 2. One of my cards is AU, and the other was a Amex global transfer, no HP. Maybe it is the young credit age. But a year of proper usage should have earned me some brownie points, not to mention they only ever gave me one CLI in the whole year I had the card. How does combining cards work? Can I combine them into my first one? Because it is my oldest card, I would not want to reset the age.

@Anonymous wrote:
It could be your details, with your AAoA and inquiries you mentioned. Or it could be they let the Magic 8 ball decide....you never know with Discover. There good news is they were willing to give you not one but two cards. You could always get the second and later combine to apply for a third/second when they give you a better rate (this gives you a second year of cash back match). Or you could wait and see what they do when your profile improves.

Message 242 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

2nd discover card question.

Well my 1 yr anniversary was yesterday. I checked the prequal site out of curiosity and I am prequalified for my second discover it card. 14.24% Apr. is it to soon to try. Is the system tricking me. If decide to do it and they reject me for insufficient time past will they hard pull me or just auto deny me? Anyone know?
Message 243 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2nd discover card question.

You can chat or call and ask them. They'll tell you if it's been long enough to apply for a second card.
Message 244 of 431
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

The second statement on my first Disco card cut today. Earlier in the day I checked the pre-qual page to no avail. This evening I hit the luv button and was granted $1100 on a $3000 account. I will keep checking the prequal page and update when/if something pops.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 245 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I apply a day after 12 month anniversary will I get auto denied without HP if the system thinks not enough time has passed, or will they still pull credit and then deny me? I have a prequal showing but don’t want a HP if they are just going to deny me for time.
Message 246 of 431
SwarthyOgre
Regular Contributor

@mikesonthemend wrote:

The second statement on my first Disco card cut today. Earlier in the day I checked the pre-qual page to no avail. This evening I hit the luv button and was granted $1100 on a $3000 account. I will keep checking the prequal page and update when/if something pops.

My understanding is that you will need to wait until your current card hits one full year before you will get a pre-qual for an additional card.

Starting scores: 5/15 - EQ: 546 | TU: 580 | EX: 554
Current scores: 4/23 - EQ: 750 | TU: 750 | EX: 750
Message 247 of 431
Anonymous
Not applicable

SwarthyOgre wrote. My understanding is that you will need to wait until your current card hits one full year before you will get a pre-qual for an additional card.

Plus 1- waiting until May to see what they have for me
Message 248 of 431
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Hey guys, im not sure if this thread will stick but i figured id give it a try to create a thread only related for those looking to app a second Discover card, most likely the It card but since their selection isnt that big other cards could be included.

Though their is another Discover unofficial data point thread, i want this one to be more focused for those considering apping a second Discover card so they can see data points from those of us who have experiencd this. Please include , if you remember, your Fico score when applied, and any pertinent info like previous credit limit, any promos offered with app like 0% apr, bt offers etc.

If this doesnt last or gets merged i understand but hopwfully the few of us who have closed our first Discover cards and reapped can shed light to those thinking of doing soSmiley Happy Thanks everyone, ill begin......

I guess @AverageJoesCredit 's theory works. I got a 2nd Discover card back in October, and I do seem to be on a slightly different track with it.

(a) It started out at 5K rather than 1k.

(b) When I get a CLI, instead of the SJ Special ($300) I seem to be getting the AJC Special ($500).

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 249 of 431
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Progress is your middle name Goldie WilsonSmiley Wink

Just wait til #3 SJ, you'll get to @joltdude Special territory ($3k) Smiley Happy
Message 250 of 431
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.