Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI denial reason

tag
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

Discover CLI denial reason

After a long dry spell with Discover, I had been on a roll, getting two or three CLIs approved in a short period of time. So the other day I was feeling lucky and decided to try again. NOPE!!

The letter came yesterday and, for once, its denial reason actually makes sense! Smiley Surprised Here's what it says:

"Insufficient experience with current Discover Card credit limit"

So there you go, a denial reason that is actually relevant!

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover CLI denial reason

@SoCalGardener wrote:

After a long dry spell with Discover, I had been on a roll, getting two or three CLIs approved in a short period of time. So the other day I was feeling lucky and decided to try again. NOPE!!

The letter came yesterday and, for once, its denial reason actually makes sense! Smiley Surprised Here's what it says:

Lol, actually that's just their way of saying no right nowSmiley Wink.  If one is using less than 30% of their limit then they have experienceSmiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@SoCalGardener wrote:

Lol, actually that's just their way of saying no right nowSmiley Wink.  If one is using less than 30% of their limit then they have experienceSmiley Happy

I learn something new every other day.  I thought Lady Discover was just being touchy and ✋ wanted so to allow more time to pass.

Thanks Joe!

Message 3 of 9
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

@SoCalGardener wrote:

😉 ^^^ this, It makes the denial more palatable for sure! Lol AND adds a sense of temporary closure with hope. 

Goal Score: EX 700|TU 700|EQ700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 4 of 9
Binbinimiwi
Frequent Contributor

@SoCalGardener I got the same reason. I figure I'll move some of the spend from my BCP to Disco and then try again after my August statement closes. Good luck on your next spin of the Disco Ball Smiley Wink

>>
FICO8 Scores as of JAN 2021:

FICO8 Scores as of JULY 2023:

FICO9 Scores as of July 2023:

Message 5 of 9
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@Binbinimiwi wrote:

@SoCalGardener I got the same reason. I figure I'll move some of the spend from my BCP to Disco and then try again after my August statement closes. Good luck on your next spin of the Disco Ball Smiley Wink

You guys are lucky, miss disco basically gave me a slap across the face a few months ago with a full list of reasons.

Rbbbbbbb.jpg

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 2100/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos ,most are slightly above 700, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's

TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 6 of 9
Binbinimiwi
Frequent Contributor

@SUPERSQUID  LMBO Smiley Very Happy A slap in the face; that's major disrespect!! Don't take that kind of treatment sitting down. But be careful, I've heard she slaps hard enough to knock you down if you try to stand up. Hard enough to knock the "Squid" out of you, leaving you a shell of yourself Smiley LOL

>>
FICO8 Scores as of JAN 2021:

FICO8 Scores as of JULY 2023:

FICO9 Scores as of July 2023:

Message 7 of 9
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

@Binbinimiwi wrote:

You guys are lucky, miss disco basically gave me a slap across the face a few months ago with a full list of reasons.

Rbbbbbbb.jpg

OH NO!!  That's awful. Smiley Surprised

Do you happen to recall any of the reasons they cited? Did any of them actually apply to you?!

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 8 of 9
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@SoCalGardener wrote:

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

@Binbinimiwi wrote:

Rbbbbbbb.jpg

OH NO!!  That's awful. Smiley Surprised

Do you happen to recall any of the reasons they cited? Did any of them actually apply to you?!

Lets put it this way they threw everything but the kitchen sink in that denial letter.

Rvvvvvv.jpg

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 2100/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos ,most are slightly above 700, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's

TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.