Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI issue

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover CLI issue

What is it exactly if anyone knows? I've seen a few posts about an issue with their giving out cli's but mostly about the frustration. I was getting cli's every 90 days and that stopped with my last one on 2/11/17.
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI issue

What is the denial reason?  If it is telling you " You don't have enough experience with the current credit limit" then you just have to take some time off clicking on the button and give it a few months.

Message 2 of 21
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Same here on the CLI and I think my last one was the day before yours. The issue that has been discussed recently had to do with cards that were secured but have now unsecured, yet are still being denied CLIs because the system is kicking them back as being secured cards ineligible for a CLI.
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you K!
Message 4 of 21
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

No problem. As for the rest of us, no idea what's going on. Some people are still getting CLIs, and those of us that were on the 61 or 91 day trains seem to be going 5 and 6 months with nothing now, even when the card was never a secured card.
Message 5 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

If i ever get a 2 day message , drinks on meSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last week I got a denial letter with the dreaded "BANK INFORMATION NOT RECIEVED" again....  I give up!

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does this even mean? "Bank information not received"

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What does this even mean? "Bank information not received"

It means their system is screwed up. There are lots of recent threads on here about previously-secured cards not able to get a CLI. This happened for a while back in May and it seems to be happening again. I'm in the same boat. I've had to call the backdoor and they'll tell you that "The system thinks it's secured" and to "try again in a few days" even though it's been going on since 7/1.

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
What is it exactly if anyone knows? I've seen a few posts about an issue with their giving out cli's but mostly about the frustration. I was getting cli's every 90 days and that stopped with my last one on 2/11/17.

If you read through the last few pages of the Discover unofficial data points thread, you'll find everything you want to know about this issue.

In a nutshell, the system clock appeared to be reset in late March, on or about 3/29.  What this means if if you got a CLI in say January and were going to be due for another on 3/30, the clock got reset a day before you could have gotten it, so no CLI on the 30th or any time slightly after.  I have not received a CLI since early January, when I had gotten 4 in the 6 months before that.  It also appears that this issue has impacted those with higher credit lines more than lower ones.  Those with $20k+ limits on their Discover card aren't getting CLIs at all since before 3/29.  I think maybe 3 people have reported getting one since then, where those with limits below $20k at least a dozen or more people have reported getting one, although not with the frequency that they were prior to 3/29.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.