Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI

I joined disco June 2017 started at 2k limit. Then got a increase to 4k in Sept and a 1k increase to 5k in December. I'm going to wait awhile before I request another increase. Oh they were all luv button increases.
Message 11 of 19
jlitnns
Established Contributor

@jlitnns wrote:

Opened It in June 2017, luv button in Sept for $500, and just decided to try again via luv button and got another $1,500. 

I'll take it. Marking my calendar for 91 days from now...Robot Very Happy

I lied. I was doing some research on here...found the DD, double dip, Disco double dip, Disco 2-step lol. Called in last night after my luv button CLI and they said no more luv without a HP, so of course, I declined. The point of the story is that the CSR said I can try again in 30 days. 

So, it looks like it is possible to get some luv every month until they cut you off. 

The DD is like this:

1) If you get an auto-CLI, DD by hitting the 'luv button' online

2) If you CLI by 'luv button' online, then call in for the DD

There have been multiple reports of this working in other threads. I did get this info from another forum found on here, I did NOT 'discover' this on my own. (I'm not that smart)

Robot Very Happy

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been attempting a CLI with the "luv" button and continue to get denied for "not enough experience with current limit." I've run thousands of dollars through the account and continually paid it off. Anyone else have this experience?

Message 13 of 19
jlitnns
Established Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

I've been attempting a CLI with the "luv" button and continue to get denied for "not enough experience with current limit." I've run thousands of dollars through the account and continually paid it off. Anyone else have this experience?

I decided to try again after 31 days and tried on 2/21 and got the 'not enough time with current limit' message. Tried luv button this morning and denied going to try again every month. Why not. I'd like to at least get to $10k with this card, currently at $7.5k.

Message 14 of 19
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Np1791wrote:

Hey guys, it seems like I've been on the 3 month train with discover. Starting at 1K then three months later moving to 2K and then 4.5K and now finally 7K but today marks the three months and it is being declined for not enough time with current credit limit. I'm assuming my train has stopped. I will try every month on this day until I get another one again.

I don't think they have a train any more. Applying for CLI's with them has been a train wreck for me Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 15 of 19
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Yeah, me.

And there are people who sock drawer the card and get great CLI's.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 16 of 19
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I was approved February 1st. Should I expect to maybe see an auto-CLI in May?  And when it comes to the luv button, is it 3 months from the approval date or after the 3rd statement cuts?   My plan has been to start trying after I have the card for 3 months then every month after that for awhile.  I’m hoping my $6K SL grows to the $10K-$15K range by the end of the year. I run at least $1500 through it each month and PIF.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

As has been said in various threads, Discover is all over the map when it comes to CLI times. Some get them automatically, every 6 months or yearly. Some don't, until they ask. In all honesty though, if it's your first time. I'd take my time, and wait at least 6 months before requesting one.

You don't want to seem too eager.

Message 18 of 19
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I'm just hoping mine unsecures.  Was looking through my history and just saw I missed 1 payment by two days. I already used my freebie :facepalm: I'm on month 7 and I got a bad feeling it won't be graduating any time soon thanks to that.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.