Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI?? :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover CLI?? :(

Hi,  know I'm late to the party, but had a Disco CLI question.... I have had my Disco card for over a month now. I know it's probably way too early, but, I applied for a CLI online and was denied. It said I would get a notice in the mail on why I was denied.  Noooooo problem, maybe I applied to soon. My question is, when I go back the the "credit line increase" tab, it still allows me to apply for CLI again?? Don't they regulate how many times you can apply?  I would think they would disble the tab or app until you were able to apply again, no? Thanks Smiley Happy

M

20 REPLIES 20
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Discover CLI?? :(

No they don't disable you can apply 20 times a day lol.

Yes 30 days is way too early , let it age atleast 3 months then you may get lucky.  Disco is a hard nut to crack sometimes their CLI policy makes zero sense.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 21
jl4
Established Contributor

For new cards, the hard minimum is 90 days.

Source: asked when I got my 2nd Discover card. 

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 3 of 21
shiftomnimega
Regular Contributor

One time I clicked the button within a week and they immediately told me they need more time to assess how I did with the first CLI they gave me.  They gave me an auto increase a few months later though.  

Message 4 of 21
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

The day that someone figures out 100% on how Disco gives out CLI's after a 30 day CLI and starts a thread. It will be the largest one in MyFICO history. Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 21
Malcono
Regular Contributor

Definitely hold off a bit before applying for another CLI.

Discover is one of those companies that will let you ask for a CLI whenever you want.

People have been trying to "crack the code" with Discover for a while but it's just YMMV with them.

Good luck with future CLIs.

Total Credit: $107,000Utilization: 1%AAoA: 2yrs, 4mthsAoOA: 3yrs, 1mthAoYA: 1yrs, 10mthsBaddies: 0

Message 6 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

No harm no foul. Wait til after 3rd statement then smash. You have to find your own schedule through trial and error lol. I collect denial letters nowSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
No harm no foul. Wait til after 3rd statement then smash. You have to find your own schedule through trial and error lol. I collect denial letters nowSmiley Wink

Discover is in danger of killing more trees than building houses from wood.  Why they won't get denial letters online is just silly would save them a TON of money

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh wow! Ok... They do give auto CLI's?  With my Chase FU card, they gave me a big auto CLI after 4mnths.  I did use the heck out of it for those four months! LoL. Ok...Will hold off another 2 months!! FYI, When I applied for the card, I didn't even realize you couls pick the IT rewards card of your choice (ie, travel, cash, etc..). I though the IT card was one card and the rewards were what they were. Silly on my part, I know.  I filled out the IT Chrome app.  It's a decent card with the @% cash back for a year.  Thanks again everyone for your input. Don't even know what I would do without this forum!!! Smiley Happy

M

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL. Will do! Thank you!

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.