Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Credit Card application 7-10 Day Message

tag
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

US Bank Credit Card application 7-10 Day Message

Applied for Cash+ card today (i got straight denied in past). After submitting the application, it asked if i want to add someone else to the card and balance transfer from other cards. After proceeding, it went into a 7-10 day wait message screen. I called them and they said they will be verifying the application for next few days and let me know. Is this a normal process for them? Did anyone ever experience this?

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Credit Card application 7-10 Day Message

@sghosh5 wrote:

Applied for Cash+ card today (i got straight denied in past). After submitting the application, it asked if i want to add someone else to the card and balance transfer from other cards. After proceeding, it went into a 7-10 day wait message screen. I called them and they said they will be verifying the application for next few days and let me know. Is this a normal process for them? Did anyone ever experience this?

Yes it's normal, many applicants experience this. Mine was in UW for 2 days, then approved. Good luck!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's the normal process for U.S. Bank.  While some apps are instantly approved, the majority are manually reviewed by their underwriters.  You can call Underwriting Services at (800) 947-1444 to track the progress of your app but it usually takes 2-3 business days for approval.

@sghosh5 wrote:

Message 3 of 5
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Thanks. yes thats what they said. 2-3 days

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked i was pre-qualified for cash+ along with two other cards. Applied for Cash+

got the same 7-10 business days processing message. No previous banking relationship with them

Card was applied Sat, got approval email on Monday evening. 

FICO in 760s. 3 inquiries when i applied on TU. They pulled TU for me not Experian.

CL is $9000

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.