Not applicable

Discover CLI

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI

Officially it's a 90 day wait.

Unofficially it's until they give you an auto if you're going to get one before 90 days. Then you can hit the button w/ more confidence of an offer but, nothing is guaranteed with Disco.  It's a SP anyway so there's no damage done for hitting it daily if you want to.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've seen a few posts about getting an auto cli a few days after the third statement, so I waited for that. Sure enough, I got an auto cli 3 days after my 3rd statement cut. Also was able to DD that day with pushing the luv button online. Since that, I've requested and received a cli every 31 days.
Message 4 of 9
Penjamin_Fedington
Valued Member

after 3rd statement cut. My 1st statement cut about 4 days after I opened the account. Requested online and then called in and double dipped.

Message 5 of 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
For those with discover, how soon after opening the account did you see a CLI and was it auto or did you initiate it?

1. I've never gotten an auto CLI from Discover, during the 4+ years I've had a Discover card.

2. You might be able to get a CLI after a couple of months.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 6 of 9
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I want to say my first AUTO CLI was after 6-7 months. Since then, all increases have been requests. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got approved for my Discover it in Jan 2019, requested a CLI a few days after my third statement cut in early April and got approved for $500 -> $1000. This was under 90 days. I forgot to DD though 😔

Hit the luv button again after my 4th statement cut in early May, but no luck. Will try again like a week or so after my statement cuts this month 🤞

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.