Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT applying

tag
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover IT applying

Your EQ score is higher than mine, and I was just approved last week with a $1,800 CL. And a with a fresh BK discharge. No current lates (other than the BK itself and the 6 IIB accounts on my reports now). My utilization was about 30% at time of app'ing. Have you tried the Discover Prequal?

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, for the response, kjm. Your news gives me some hope! I have been trying the Discover prequal, but I see a recommendation for the red(or purple?) Discover IT with a broad APR range rather than the small range I see discussed on the forums.

My full payments finally reported yesterday and today, so I have a 699 EX, 679 TU, 672 EQ. I just paid off my $500 balance down to $50, so I'm curious to see what happens when that posts. My UTI should stick around 1% from here on out.

On another note, my vantage scores actually dropped 6 points from 625-619 after my payment posted. So annoying.

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied a few days ago... $2,500 SL with current EQ of 721. I had apped in November and was shot down, worked on my util (30% down to 11%) 

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied a few days ago over the phone they pulled EX & TU but i got approved for 800. Not much but ill take it its only my 3rd unsecure card. I plan to be VERY VERY GOOD to it. 

Message 14 of 24
Officer737
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied a few days ago over the phone they pulled EX & TU but i got approved for 800. Not much but ill take it its only my 3rd unsecure card. I plan to be VERY VERY GOOD to it. 

Same amount I got and time to nurse it! 

Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wanted to bring this thread back up, because I have exciting news for myself. After taking everyone's advice and waiting it out before applying, I received a letter in the mail today from Discover with an invitation to apply. So I bit the bullet, applied, and was approved right away with a 7500 limit at a rate btwn 13-17ish percent(after 12 months of 0 percent).

I'm so psyched; I've only had Cap One cards(one for 2 years, the other for 6) and was really looking forward to a Discover card. Not only did I get the Discover, but it's my highest limit yet. I'll be switching his to the Penguins NHL design as soon as I get the chance.

Thanks, everyone, for the input!
Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to add, my new scores are 681 EQ, 687 TU, 701 EX.
Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's wonderful! I'm so glad it worked out for you. 

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you apply for the Discover IT card and get denied, do they give you the unsecured option at the time or is that a second HP? I don't mind having to do the secured. Thoughts? I need to wait 45-60 days before I can apply, but an curious if they would offer secured if unsecured is denied. 

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you apply for the Discover IT card and get denied, do they give you the unsecured option at the time or is that a second HP? I don't mind having to do the secured. Thoughts? I need to wait 45-60 days before I can apply, but an curious if they would offer secured if unsecured is denied. 

I did not get denied but have been reading around they'll usually offer a secured or a co-applicant. Sorry I can't be of more help!

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.