Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Pre-qualify Offer?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Pre-qualify Offer?

Went on Discover card and checked for an offer and it is listing a single rate for the Discover IT card. I believe this looks like a good chance. Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Discover Pre-qualify Offer?

A single rate is a good sign for discover.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

usually people have said anyting with a 3 point range is good with discover, a single rate is most likely a good sign of an approval.  

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

usually people have said anyting with a 3 point range is good with discover, a single rate is most likely a good sign of an approval.  

3 point range?

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Went on Discover card and checked for an offer and it is listing a single rate for the Discover IT card. I believe this looks like a good chance. Any thoughts?

It would REALLY help if you told us what the offer was.  Specifically what the interest rate specified was (including the range if it is a range) and the 0% intro period duration.

Message 5 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Their "prequalifications" are meaningless. Disregard.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Their "prequalifications" are meaningless. Disregard.

I disagree.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with TwistedCircuits.  DH got an invitation letter with a firm rate of 23.24.   He then went to Discover's prequalification site, and the exact firm offer of 23.24 was offered.  There was no range.  He app'd (went to the website where he entered the invitation code) and was approved instantly for $4K.  I believe Discover''s prequalify site works in many cases when there is a set APR.  

Redangler, I'd say if it's a set APR, you have a good chance.  What offer do you see?  APR? 0 Balance Transfer for 12 or more months?

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the late response. The offer was for 23.24% apr, 0% interst on purchases and balance transfer for 6 months. Also yesterday we reciveded a pre-authorization letter in the mail with exact same figures and invitation code. 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Redangler, it looks like you got an offer similar to my hubby.  It's a set APR which is very promising, plus you received a letter on top of that.  If you want to app, go to the website listed on their letter and put in the invitation code.  From there, you'll be given the screen to apply.  This looks pretty solid for you, so "good luck" if you do decide to apply.  Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.