Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover credit increase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover credit increase?

@Gladius wrote:

I just recently received an automatic CLI from Discover last month from $4000 to $7300.  My balance is around $2500.  I have just been paying the minimum for the past year and haven't used the card at all in a year.

Oddly, it seems like Discover is giving increases if you had a big balance and slowly paid it off/made payment towards it as we had similar balances, paid it off slowly and was given CLIs.

Message 21 of 27
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Oddly,

Yeah ... Smiley Happy

Seriously, don't try to figure it out. To know the mind of Discover is to know madness.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol, I'll try not to do so. 
However, boredom will make you try to figure out credit cards algorithms for CLIs with no knowledge of it.

Message 23 of 27
tech-d
Valued Member

I got a $300 increase two weeks ago, isn't much but at least it's an even four digit number ($3k now)

*I for whatever reason don't like uneven numbers and numbers that aren't powers of 2, regardless of what it has to do with. Too many math classes in college...

TU (Discover App): 783
EX (EX website): 768

EQ (EQ website): 800
American Express Platinum NPSL || BofA Amtrak $12k || Citi Premier $9k || Disc: $8.5k || HSBC: $8.25k || Target MC: $5k || Apple: $5.5k || American Express Blue Cash Preferred $5k || American Express Delta Gold $5k || Saks: $4k || Amazon: $2.4k || Cap1: $2.5k
Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

2500 clu approved yesterday when o called to close none of my two discover cards and asked to move credit over to the other card. They said they had to do a clu and if approved they would move all my credit and they did. Weird but it worked. 

Message 25 of 27
Phoenixupward
Regular Contributor

Discover is such an oddity.  I have 2 cards with them.  Both opened in 2019 as well as 3 months apart. Don't know how that happened.  Last month, I requested a credit limit increase on both cards and were approved.  One card has 2 subscriptions for my health insurance and I use it for Amazon purchases.  The other card is used not as much but it's used monthly.  Both cards are PIF every month.  Discover is strange.  I can't figure them out either.   

Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait... How do you have 3 Cap One credit cards!? I thought you are only allowed 2?

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.