Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it CLI disclaimer for Hard Pull

tag
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

Discover it CLI disclaimer for Hard Pull

Looking into a CLI with Discover and see that they state this:

"After reviewing your application, we may need to pull a credit bureau report, which may affect your credit score. In these cases, we will proceed with the application only with your consent."

To be sure, will this mean they will NOT put a Hard inquiry UNLESS I get some kind of email where I grant them permission?

I can't risk a HP, but would love to see about a CLI. 

Thoughts? thanks

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover it CLI disclaimer for Hard Pull

I'm almost certain they will prompt you again if they need to HP, but if you want to be sure, 110% sure, sign up for TrueIdentity by TU (free service) and lock up TU before hitting the button.

Message 2 of 29
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm almost certain they will prompt you again if they need to HP, but if you want to be sure, 110% sure, sign up for TrueIdentity by TU (free service) and lock up TU before hitting the button.

That's great idea. Thank you for the suggestion. 

Any "rules" for CLI that you may share? Like if I get denied or approved how long does one has to wait or how much CLI to ask for (50% etc)

I'd appreciate it. Trying to increase overall available credit. Thanks

Message 3 of 29
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Superduper2014 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Any "rules" for CLI that you may share? Like if I get denied or approved how long does one has to wait or how much CLI to ask for (50% etc)

You can ask every day, but that would be an exercise in futility 

There is no reset time with Disco, approved or denied, so maybe ask monthly until you actually get one 

Message 4 of 29
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

I have never gotten a HP when requesting an increase.

You can't request an amount, you request an increase they determine the amount.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Superduper2014 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

1. You wont be able to request an amount, you will get what they give if they give.

2. Discover CLIs has no time clock after denials or approvals, you can ask everyday if you want to but 30-60 days is probably reasonable, I ask every 30 days myself.

3. In the case you get approved, call 800-347-4856 and see if you can get more, this is call Double Dipping, sometimes you can double up if you're lucky. If they say they need to HP to grant more, say no thanks.

Message 6 of 29
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

ok I did it and got:

Your request is under review

Decisions are typically made within 2 business days. There's nothing else you need to do at this time.

Probably a denial? 

Message 7 of 29
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Superduper2014 wrote:

ok I did it and got:

Your request is under review

Decisions are typically made within 2 business days. There's nothing else you need to do at this time.

Probably a denial? 

It can go either way. Fingers crossed it's approved 

Message 8 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the 2 day message can go either way if I recall, have not read that huge mother thread in awhile, I would wait and see, at least it's not an instant denial.

edit : Remedios has quick trigger

Message 9 of 29
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

We did it for my GF Discover and she has a 14k credit limit and got a $500 increase offered lol. We laughed, but accepted it. 

Not sure if this is typical or if we should have rejected it in hopes of trying at a later date and getting more? 

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.