Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh Elan

tag
marmaladepie
Regular Contributor

Oh Elan

For months, even in the past year and a half I’ve been trying to get a CLI on my Fidelity card via website. I’d have to wait for a paper letter and then the denial reason has always been the bk showing on my TU (despite alwaus being locked). I presumed it was always a SP. Just like how Amex does it.

So when my bk was finally removed off my TU via EE, I thought I would try again. This time I instantly get a notification that they tried to HP. Eventually got the letter stating I had to unlock my report to proceed so I decide to ignore it.

It will continue to be in the SD.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Oh Elan

How much did you request? There have been rumblings that a CLI of $1500 or less might be a SP.

Message 2 of 9
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

To the best of my knowledge Elan always HP for a CLI.

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Elan is always a hardpull unfortunately..

Message 4 of 9
Chelow
Regular Contributor

Sorry to be OT, but what does Elan mean ?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chelow wrote:

Elan Financial - it’s a company that is owned by US Bank that issues cards for a lot of smaller banks and CUs. 

This is their standard portfolio of cards at one of our CO CUs - 

https://www.ent.com/personal/loans/credit-cards/

They have a number of other cards as well that are personalized offerings for their partners like the Fidelity card.  

Message 6 of 9
Chelow
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Chelow wrote:

Elan Financial - it’s a company that is owned by US Bank that issues cards for a lot of smaller banks and CUs. 

This is their standard portfolio of cards at one of our CO CUs - 

https://www.ent.com/personal/loans/credit-cards/

They have a number of other cards as well that are personalized offerings for their partners like the Fidelity card.  

Nice. Thank you for the info. Please forgive my unenlightenment on that matter. Will educate myself on it.

Thanks again !

Message 7 of 9
joltdude
Senior Contributor

I will attest to getting an unrequested CLI from elan a few years back on a CU card with a SP for exactly 1500... 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.