cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover secured it

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.
Contributor

Discover secured it

Trying to get in with Discover....Not in a position to get an unsecured card at this time but was hoping for the secured version.

I have been checking the prequal site with no pop up for anything.  Will I have to be prequalified to get even the secured it card ?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
New Contributor

Re: Discover secured it

Yes, 

I been trying to get in with Discover and received different reasons for denial as my credit has gotten better.

1st - delinquent accounts

2nd - too many open accounts 

Soft pulls so i'm ok with checking every 10 days or so.

Check Capital One's pre-qualified site and see if you are eligible for a secured account. 

good luck...

Starting Scores:

The 1st stone looks just like a stone until one day you realize that you put one on top of the other and now it's a skyscraper .  

Message 2 of 4
Senior Contributor

Just remember Cap1 doesnt graduate any longer. For now at least. Keep checking Disco, Citi, or Merrick is a good one with hardly any complaints on here.

My posts are JMHO. I DO NOT claim to be a FICO expert. Just sharing my experiences from rebuild to recovery after BK DC.
Message 3 of 4
Frequent Contributor

When I applied for Discover secured I had low 500s scores. I was approved. At the time, I actually did not know you could get turned down for a secured card. I opened Discover and Cap1 secured on the same day. Since it never occurred to me that it was possible to get turned down for a secured card, I never even tried the prequalify link. I later got slapped with reality when I applied for Bank of America secured and got rejected for “prior relationship” (a.k.a. burned badly). As a data point I did not burn DSC in my BK but did burn Cap1.

I just returned from financial hell. Don't go, the brochure is a lie.
Message 4 of 4