Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover unOfficial Data Points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover unOfficial Data Points

Sorry if this has been asked (didn't read through everything), if you get the instant $500, should I only call in for a double dip or try the button again? 

Message 31 of 1,821
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

The online SP won't go twice but if you call they won't see it or may see additional CLI available for your account.  Give them a call and get your $$$!

Message 32 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Austinguy907

So you call first and get approved. If you get CLI on the phone, you can request another one the web?

Message 33 of 1,821
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Do it online first to know the door is open and if you get the slider for an instant approval you call them and get the other 1/2 of your CLI.  Or skip the online and collect all of it over the phone.  Once you talk to them you start the clock again for the next one.  When you hit a certain CL they start giving you the 2-day message and they manually review it based on the SP information they get each month.

Message 34 of 1,821
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I've had a joint card for nearly three years. Requested, and received, a SP CLI once to go from $2k to $3k.

Sometimes I do wonder where that CL might be if the CLI process was less of a hassle for joint accounts...$15k wouldn't surprise me.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 35 of 1,821
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

So, for those of us that are a little OCD about odd CL's I have found a perk to calling the number.  While normally I just wait it out on the 2-day messages this one just to check them out on the phone was insightful but rewarding also.  I had a nagging CL ending with 600 that just bugged me a little bit when looking for round numbers to make oddities stand out easier when looking things over for strange patterns.  Well the call where I asked them to round it to a 000 instead of 600 where they said it would probably be a HP actually went through and showed up today w/o a HP.

12-5-2016 5-37-02 PM.jpg

Just another perk of speaking with someone instead of just doing it online and hoping for the best.  I know there's some lurkers out there with the same issue and this is how you do it Smiley Happy   Maybe they'll finally cough up that matching $50K in Feb or from what I've seen 2 times in a row it'll  be a sweet $48K+.  Just adds to the whole Discover is great on top of the 0% for 12 months they just added from a chat conversation prior to hitting the CLI button.  Year 2 is starting off pretty nice with $16.4K in increases and renewing the 0% period.

Message 36 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

So wait, you were willing to give up a HP just to have your limit rounded off?  If I was told it was going to be a HP I would have likely declined, but that's me.  I'd also be afraid that my next CLI would be another oddball number like $3700 that would just screw up the nice rounded CL down the road. 

So I'm just confused as to how the conversation went here... you asked for your limit to be rounded to the nearest thousand, they said it could be a HP and you said that's fine or you decline?  If you are saying you said you declined it and the limit was rounded up anyway, that's awesome, but I'm not sure if you agreed to the HP?

Message 37 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907

I can't wait for next month for my first Discover CLI request. My highes CL right now is is my JetBlue Mastercard which I received an instant 9K SL.

Message 38 of 1,821
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So wait, you were willing to give up a HP just to have your limit rounded off?  If I was told it was going to be a HP I would have likely declined, but that's me.  I'd also be afraid that my next CLI would be another oddball number like $3700 that would just screw up the nice rounded CL down the road. 

So I'm just confused as to how the conversation went here... you asked for your limit to be rounded to the nearest thousand, they said it could be a HP and you said that's fine or you decline?  If you are saying you said you declined it and the limit was rounded up anyway, that's awesome, but I'm not sure if you agreed to the HP?

I didn't tell them to HP and just go with the flat $6K.  But I'm thinking since I brought it up and he looked again after we hung up most likely they just gave me the $400 to be nice.  

Message 39 of 1,821
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

So at 58 days I got 800 with the SP CLI. 90 days was 2 days ago on Sat. Forgot about the weekend thing and hit the CLI and it went to the 2 day message.  So did I blow it for the auto? FICO 8 713 TU/EX

Message 40 of 1,821
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.