Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover unOfficial Data Points

tag
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover unOfficial Data Points

@erick

it just takes time and when they see $9K reporting they'll be inclined to move upwards towards that. They don't move as quick as say AMEX but they do move.  Once you hit the higher buckets it gets easier to gain traction and blow other CC's away.  Patience and persistence are key when working on making Discover grow.  Not to mention they work like a crock pot as in they like low and slow spend when you're at lower limits before opening the CLI flood gates.  It's nice to have found the perk of calling after getting the SP online w/o the 2-day response to double dip.  Before stumbling upon it and looking into it some more it didn't seem like calling would be worthwhile but, calling them prompts things like my success on the 600 thing noted above.  They're easy to work with which is a nice thing when it comes to dealing with CCC's in comparison to many of the others that want a HP for anything and everything it seems to do with your accounts.  

Message 41 of 1,821
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Fire 

No you didn't blow it.  Starting out on the lower end prompts the 2-day moreso because they're still feeling out your spending/payment patterns.  Just give it a couple of days to get reviewed and if they don't approve it will probably be the timing excuse they mail out for "insufficient experience".  I'm guessing the $800 was the auto they gave you?  I would just give them time to look at it and say yea or nay on it and set your reminder for Feb for your next click of the button.  By then they will see more spend/pay history and probably give the instant online slider and if they do then you call them and see if they'll double it w/o mentioning you did it online already and thus the double dip.

Message 42 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907

Thank You so much for the advice.. Will certainly follow the pattern flow of your Discover CLI request.

Message 43 of 1,821
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@austinguy907 wrote:

@Anonymous 

No you didn't blow it.  Starting out on the lower end prompts the 2-day moreso because they're still feeling out your spending/payment patterns.  Just give it a couple of days to get reviewed and if they don't approve it will probably be the timing excuse they mail out for "insufficient experience".  I'm guessing the $800 was the auto they gave you?  I would just give them time to look at it and say yea or nay on it and set your reminder for Feb for your next click of the button.  By then they will see more spend/pay history and probably give the instant online slider and if they do then you call them and see if they'll double it w/o mentioning you did it online already and thus the double dip.

Thanks. It was a luv button push. Not auto. Seeing in your thread. Lower usage is a bit better in the begining. Been using it as a daily driver. Might cool it off. First 2 statements cut at 3%. 500-800 uasge.

Message 44 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907 wrote:

The online SP won't go twice but if you call they won't see it or may see additional CLI available for your account.  Give them a call and get your $$$!

So I figured I would update, called yesterday after my CLI online and they said the only way to increase again would be through a HP...meh Smiley Indifferent

Message 45 of 1,821
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@austinguy907 wrote:

The online SP won't go twice but if you call they won't see it or may see additional CLI available for your account.  Give them a call and get your $$$!

So I figured I would update, called yesterday after my CLI online and they said the only way to increase again would be through a HP...meh Smiley Indifferent

Did you do it the same day?

Message 46 of 1,821
newhis
Valued Contributor

@FireMedic1, for me the 2-day is just a way they now use to take another look.

I had several 2-day and also my DW. Sometimes after the 2-day we get nothing. Sometimes the second day we get a CLI. Sometimes next day. And today my DW got a CLI, after getting the 2-day, the next time she logged in, like 30 minutes later. Her highest CLI with Discover, after 3 $1,500 CLI in 5 months, she got $4,500.

Message 47 of 1,821
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@newhis wrote:

@FireMedic1, for me the 2-day is just a way they now use to take another look.

I had several 2-day and also my DW. Sometimes after the 2-day we get nothing. Sometimes the second day we get a CLI. Sometimes next day. And today my DW got a CLI, after getting the 2-day, the next time she logged in, like 30 minutes later. Her highest CLI with Discover, after 3 $1,500 CLI in 5 months, she got $4,500.

Cool! Thanks guys!

Message 48 of 1,821
kugel
Valued Contributor

Did I kill my chances for the future SP CLI ?

I like paying every week my balance on my card in full it wasn't a payment due or something like that
It's my first payment I did and I added a wrong bank account with nfcu savings account go process my payments I didn't know it's not a transactional account for payment so the payment came back
And I just realized they charged a return fee of $27 so I called they said np and refunded back the return fee I asked the discover guy did this effect my credit with the bank since a payment came he said no because it didn't make the account late or something like this
I just wanna make sure I am ok ? I know Cap one declines ppl for return payment reason sometimes from what I read in the forum
Message 49 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you'll be fine.

Message 50 of 1,821
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.