Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover unOfficial Data Points

tag
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover unOfficial Data Points

@Anonymous wrote:

I know how you feel, uber happy, because it is a great feeling to get a card you've wanted. I hope they gave you a good SL and/or that you are on the fast track for CLI's!

Congrats on the Discover card! Your limit is way bigger than mine when I got it, it was only $500!

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 91 of 1,821
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Justagirl, way to go! Please post in approvals so we party likes its 1999Smiley Happy. Super stoked for you and Bella007 as you both bring lots of joy to this forum and deserve much successSmiley Happy
Message 92 of 1,821
newhis
Valued Contributor

I started with Discover with the following:

- 1K limit

- no 0% promo, they offered 3.99% promo for 6 months

- APR 22.99%

2.5 years later:

- 31K limit

- APR 13.49%

Don't worry about the limit and APR with Discover.

Message 93 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Discover2016 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I know how you feel, uber happy, because it is a great feeling to get a card you've wanted. I hope they gave you a good SL and/or that you are on the fast track for CLI's!

Congrats on the Discover card! Your limit is way bigger than mine when I got it, it was only $500!

Thanks! I got my first Disco CLI last month after having the card 4 months, and this Wednesday I will see if I'm on the 30 day CLI train. Smiley Happy

Message 94 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

@newhis wrote:

I started with Discover with the following:

- 1K limit

- no 0% promo, they offered 3.99% promo for 6 months

- APR 22.99%

2.5 years later:

- 31K limit

- APR 13.49%

Don't worry about the limit and APR with Discover.

Hey, newhis, those are awesome data points! Congratulations! I have a question. I know you have to ask Barclay's for an APR reduction, and I know Cap1 doesn't do them. With Discover, do you have to ask or will they do it automatically? Thanks in advance for any info about this.Smiley Happy

Message 95 of 1,821
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey, newhis, those are awesome data points! Congratulations! I have a question. I know you have to ask Barclay's for an APR reduction, and I know Cap1 doesn't do them. With Discover, do you have to ask or will they do it automatically? Thanks in advance for any info about this.Smiley Happy

They say they review them every 6 months but, I asked them for a reduction after the first year 0% period finally was up and they wouldn't reduce it but did apply another 12 months of 0% to my account through 1/2018.  

Message 96 of 1,821
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You need to ask them for any APR reduction/promotion every 6 months or after your 0% promo. I do it via chat, easy.

As austinguy907 say, sometimes they offer 0% purchase APR for 12 months or a permanent reduction.

I started with 3.99% promo APR for 6 months, then 3 request of 3 points each. Never a 0% APR promo.

DW got her Discover with 0% for 6 months (new student card), then 19.99%, 1st request she got 0% APR promo for 12 months, 2nd request down to 16.49% and last month she got her third request, another 0% APR for 12 months.

Message 97 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

No auto increase for me. Account 91 days old.  Manually requested an increase, was offered $500.  Probably because of using the card so much for the double cash back, but have also been using it and paying it quite a bit for non category spend.  I canceled the request. I will call in to the lending number listed in the thread Monday or Tuesday.  I also may decide to not call or ask for an increase at all and see what the system shows after the holidays.  Not unhappy here whatsoever as they were very generous with me at approval.  But does make you wonder.  I would rather take a HP for another 5-10k vs getting only $500 every 30-60 days.  And if I never saw another increase I wouldn't hate them either!  :-D

@Anonymous wrote:

Jfriend33,

How many days has your Discover account been open?  Is it nearing 90 days?  There's a very strong chance that they'll throw you an auto-CLI any day now if that's the case.  Based on your $15k SL, that auto increase could be $4k-$6k or so.  As soon as you see that increase, hit the button online requesting another and you'll get another $4k-$6k (or very close to whatever your auto increase was.  That'll take you from a $15k limit to probably $25k or so.  Then 30 days later you can hit the button again and probably come away with another $4k.  My point is that there's a fairly decent chance that you'll possess a $25k-$30k limit with Discover in the next 2 months give or take... so it may not be worth taking a HP at this point when you can get some very good SP results in the very near future.

Message 98 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting.  I'm surprised $500 was all you were offered.  I would definitely try that phone call and see what happens, then request one every 30 days or so going forward.  Hopefully you'll start getting more than $500.  I don't think spend is a really big factor.  There have been people spending $200/mo on their Discover card and getting CLIs in the thousands and there are people spending $2000/mo that are also getting in the thousands on their CLIs.  Conversely the opposite is also true with each spend type getting tiny CLIs granted.  Good luck with that phone call and definitely let us know how it goes!

Message 99 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Discover opened October 23. I actually hit the button and was declined November 24th.. Should i wait 90 days from Nov 24th (the day i last requested a CLI) or from October 23(the day the card opened) to try again..I guess waiting that extra month wont hurt to be sure i didnt get penalized for the early request. thx.

Message 100 of 1,821
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.