cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have a chance getting the CSP? (4/24 on Experian, 5/24 on TransUnion)

tag
MomoMango
Regular Contributor

Do I have a chance getting the CSP? (4/24 on Experian, 5/24 on TransUnion)

I'm currently gardening for a year, but if I ever get a pre-approved offer for the Chase Sapphire Preferred, I'll be willing to take it. I don’t know if I’ll ever get an offer since I'm 5/24. But I'm only 5/24 on my TransUnion Report, and only 4/24 on my Experian Report.

I have applied 3 times over the last year; 2 for the Sapphire Preferred and 1 for Freedom Unlimited. I reconed for the Freedom Unlimited and got approved for $500. I was under a year of history (9 months of credit history).

Out of the 3 applications, 100% of them were only pulled by Experian for both cards.

I don’t know if it’s a long shot, but I'm thinking about going into a Chase branch on Monday and see if I get any Pre-approved offers. If not, I might cold app when my Freedom Unlimited is 3 months old.

What do you guys think? Should I stay in the Garden until my oldest card is 2 years old? Should I take my chances and apply while my Apple Card is only reporting to TransUnion? Would love to hear some thoughts.

Data Points on my report for Experian:

• Accounts: 4
    Discover it: $4,500, 1 year old,  AMEX Hilton: $3,000, 8 months old,  Citi Costco: $4,000, 3 months old,  Chase FU: $500, 2 months old
  • Credit Utilization: 17%
  • Total Credit line: $12,000
  • Inquires: 7 in the last 12 months, 8 in the last 24 months.
  • Average Age of Accounts: 7 months

Data Points on my report for Transunion:

• Accounts: 5
    Discover it: $4,500, 1 year old,  AMEX Hilton: $3,000, 8 months old,  Apple Card: $2,500, 8 months old,  Citi Costco: $4,000, 3 months old,  Chase FU: $500, 2 months old
  • Credit Utilization: 20%
  • Total Credit line: $14,500
  • Inquires: 3 in the last 24 months
  • Average Age of Accounts: 6 months

No Loans or Morgages. Always paid on time and in full.

I also make about $31,000 a year.

Updated: April 7th 2024 at 5:14pm
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do I have a chance getting the CSP? (4/24 on Experian, 5/24 on TransUnion)

Personally I wouldn't try it chase does pull multiple bureaus from time to time with TU being the other one they usually pull they also could be doing soft AR on your TU file

Message 2 of 10
MomoMango
Regular Contributor

I wish there was a way to check softpulls on TransUnion like Experian. But I didn't know about the AR, would they do soft AR pulls randomly?

Message 3 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@MomoMango wrote:

I'm currently gardening for a year, but if I ever get a pre-approved offer for the Chase Sapphire Preferred, I'll be willing to take it. I don’t know if I’ll ever get an offer since I'm 5/24. But I'm only 5/24 on my TransUnion Report, and only 4/24 on my Experian Report.

I have applied 3 times over the last year; 2 for the Sapphire Preferred and 1 for Freedom Unlimited. I reconed for the Freedom Unlimited and got approved for $500. I was under a year of history (9 months of credit history).

Out of the 3 applications, 100% of them were only pulled by Experian for both cards.

I don’t know if it’s a long shot, but I'm thinking about going into a Chase branch on Monday and see if I get any Pre-approved offers. If not, I might cold app when my Freedom Unlimited is 3 months old.

What do you guys think? Should I stay in the Garden until my oldest card is 2 years old? Should I take my chances and apply while my Apple Card is only reporting to TransUnion? Would love to hear some thoughts.

Data Points on my report for Experian:

• Accounts: 4
    Discover it: $4,500, 1 year old,  AMEX Hilton: $3,000, 8 months old,  Citi Costco: $4,000, 3 months old,  Chase FU: $500, 2 months old
  • Credit Utilization: 17%
  • Total Credit line: $12,000
  • Inquires: 7 in the last 12 months, 8 in the last 24 months.
  • Average Age of Accounts: 7 months

Data Points on my report for Transunion:

• Accounts: 5
    Discover it: $4,500, 1 year old,  AMEX Hilton: $3,000, 8 months old,  Apple Card: $2,500, 8 months old,  Citi Costco: $4,000, 3 months old,  Chase FU: $500, 2 months old
  • Credit Utilization: 20%
  • Total Credit line: $14,500
  • Inquires: 3 in the last 24 months
  • Average Age of Accounts: 6 months

No Loans or Morgages. Always paid on time and in full.

I also make about $31,000 a year.

You should wait until you're seeing a preapproval on the website.

You're not a likely candidate for the CSP yet.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

To expand on SJ's comment the CSP comes with a minimum $5K SL, none of your current accounts support this. And DP's suggest that Chase isn't known for being a person's first biggest CL. 

I'll also add that 3 months isn't really that long for Chase to get to know a customer, especially with the current situatuion going on and probably being more stringent. I would suggest more time in the garden, and during that time try to get CLI's on Discover Amex and Citi.

Which if you haevn't had any since account opening then you're proably due for one on both Amex and Disco.

Good Luck!

Message 5 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I dont think you have a chance at this time. Chase approved you with lowest possible SL on their cards only two months ago. 

Let your accounts age, build enough history and in 9 months when Freedom reaches a year, you should be good to go.

Also, do not apply for any new accounts until then if it's important to you, because your next account would put you at 5/24. 

Message 6 of 10
MomoMango
Regular Contributor

Looks like staying in the garden is my best chance to get the card. Prob help me get higher credit limits too.

Discover has been really stingy lately, I use half of my limit on it and they won't even budge to more than 5k. Just requested a CLI a day ago and got rejected a 3rd time. 

As for Citi it's the same thing, limit won't budge as well.

Amex and Apple are both due in July for another CLI. I'm hoping AMEX will give me the 3x CL boost to get me to 6k.

Also I don't know if this means anything, but in April I'll have a year of banking history with them. I use them for my direct deposit for work. But I would guess credit history would help more than banking history.

Message 7 of 10
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

For what it's worth, Chase soft pulls my TU report every month on the 26th like clockwork. They're watching you. 👀

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 8 of 10
MomoMango
Regular Contributor

Aw man, they make sure you're not fooling them!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is both good and bad with having a checking account with the same Bank you're seeking credit, because they can actually see firsthand what's going in and out monthly. So that data is used in any determination, which will either help or hinder your chances. 

DP's have suggested that it does indeed help some people.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.