Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double hard pull CHASE JP MORGAN

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Double hard pull CHASE JP MORGAN

I had a strange one today. Applied for an amazon visa not realizing it was through JP MORHAN/CHASE and was denied due to 5/24 rule.
Anyway, I get a notification of hard pull in Experian. Then another. So one line says JOMORGAN and the other says CHASE. They double pulled on same bureau. They pulled once on one bureau and twice on the other.
I called them and it didn’t help at all. They blamed it on the credit bureau and we all know what it’s like dealing with them.
Anyone else have this happen?
How did you get it fixed?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Double hard pull CHASE JP MORGAN

@Anonymous  I've moved your post over here to Credit Card Applications since it's more likely someone here has experienced this issue.  Chase pulling both Experian and TransUnion for a new application is quite common. 

Just to confirm, are the hard pulls you are seeing from the same monitoring service?  I ask because Chase has reported both credit card accounts and inquiries as JPMCB (J.P. Morgan Chase Bank) for about a year or so, and if you are seeing alerts for Chase and J.P. Morgan from two different monitoring services, it's likely the same pull.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I ha e is a trans union pull under JOMORGAN
And directly on my EQUIFAX report there I one for JPMORGAN and another for CHASE.
So the total is three hard pulls
Message 3 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Just to add to the above, Chase is known to pull 2 CRs in connection with a variety of applications, so there's not much to fix if indeed (once confirmed) you'd see any variation coded as 'JPMCB' on either of your CRs.

It's all profile-dependent whether a single pull (or 2) occurs for a variety of individuals.
Message 4 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
What I ha e is a trans union pull under JOMORGAN
And directly on my EQUIFAX report there I one for JPMORGAN and another for CHASE.
So the total is three hard pulls

My recommendation is to obtain your actual hard or digital copies directly from the CRAs to confirm the EQ entries since any data from a variety of CMS can be skewed. But, technically, there should only be 2 (one per CR) at best.  Are the dates the same for the 3? 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the dates are exactly the same. I see it on the Experian app.
I went to credit report, equifax, inquiries
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.