Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double pulled by Penfed

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Double pulled by Penfed

I feel bad on this one.  On my recommendation my brother apped for Penfed on 3/7 membership approved; 3/8 apped PowerCash Visa denied

Penfen double pulled EQ, once for membership and then again for cc app

Has Penfed's policy of one HP being good for multi apps changed recently?

Anyone else have this problem? Suggestions?

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Double pulled by Penfed

Sorry to hear, but it’s not unheard of. There have been sporadic reports of multiple pulls here and there.

IIRC, there was never a written in stone policy of 1 HP every 90 days, although there was a time it was very common. As with anything related to credit, YMMV. 

Message 2 of 15
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

It seems the practice of using the last HP for 90 days went away sometime after early 2018. Every app I've had with PenFed, including CLI's have resulted in a HP. **bleep** PenFed - they are the new US Bank!

Message 3 of 15
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@RicHowe wrote:

It seems the practice of using the last HP for 90 days went away sometime after early 2018. Every app I've had with PenFed, including CLI's have resulted in a HP. **bleep** PenFed - they are the new US Bank!

If we're using that measuring stick then we can lump Navy Federal in as well.  I'm surprised they don't HP just for contacting them. 

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquat wrote:

@RicHowe wrote:

If we're using that measuring stick then we can lump Navy Federal in as well.  I'm surprised they don't HP just for contacting them. 

Indeed. I love Navy and all but I’ve got 5 inquiries from them since September when I joined. 

But on the the other hand, I know when I take a Navy HP it’s going to lead to something. My PenFed HP is a few days older than my Navy HP and I got nothing to show for it. 

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sucks, sorry to hear!

Just for reference though, I got a Promise 12/28.  I tried getting a CLI on it a few days ago and it was the same pull referenced in my denial and haven't gotten anything new since.  So, does seem like it's still possible to have the same HP used more than once; just seems really sporadic and situational on when it happens.  

Message 6 of 15
CivalV
Established Contributor

I opened a Penfed savings February 22nd over the phone. Approved, I put $5 to keep the account open and the rep asked if I was interested in applying for any credit products. She put in an app and I knew it would be denied due to derogs and my score. I then appd for the platinum for the BT transfer just for the heck of it. All 3 were under one HP.
Message 7 of 15
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Just spoke with my brother.  He's gonna call tomorrow to see about getting 2nd inq recoded to a SP.  He did mention that today is the 10th, 3 days after the 1st HP and myFico still hasnt sent him an alert. Both inqs have been posted on Credit Karma.  I think myFico has issues that they should address but I guess that discussion is for another thread

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Good luck on recoding. Dont think it will work, ive tried after they double tapped me for a pl request. Theyll just say talk to EquihackSmiley Sad
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here. Double pull for membership and Pathfinder on 03/05. From CK, 1 from Penfed FCU and another one from Penfed alexand. My application for Pathfinder was declined and I just sent them recon letter.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.